“Better than mcDonalds”

1950 American Diner
Reserve with
1950 American Diner is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 140 Restaurants in Pontedera
Cuisines: Fast food
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The first restaurant 50 years in Tuscany . Step back in time , location studied in detail , menu of excellent quality. Hamburger , hotdogs , sandwiches Vegetarian , Tex Mex cuisine , Grilled Meat , Food and Beverages gluten . AIC members . 1950 American Diner - Made with Love
Reviewed 13 January 2017

Very tasty burgers, big portions, good service (girls on roller slides) nice American atmosphere. Sometimes overfull but never had to wait for our orders yet.
Cupcakes...hmm better try some other dessert nearby.

1950AmericanDiner, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at 1950 American Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2017

Thanks a lot for this review.
What's wrong with ours cupcakes?

Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

What a great restaurant, we were at the end of our holiday and looking for something nice, tasty and fun.

The food was unreal, my family had fajitas, burgers, southern fried chicken and some beer, all the food was unbelievably tasty.

It was also great fun for the kids, girls flying around on roller skates and a real cool atmosphere.

A meal of four cost €62 and we were all full and happy !

Reviewed 30 November 2015

This was the third time we visited this restaurant, and initially we really enjoyed the atmosphere and the food.
This time service was really terrible. We were amongst the first people in the restaurant, and ordered after 5 minutes.My boyfriend ordered a burger, I ordered Eggs benedict. We ordered from the brunch menu.
We wait and wait. Maybe they forgot us? After an hour we finally managed to ask one of the waitresses to check on our order. She never came back, but eventually my boyfriends meal turned up. Mine arrived twenty minutes after - by this time we were starving. Unfortunately the eggs benedict was a BIG disapointment. It was literally just two poached eggs on a plate. No hollandaise sauce (isnt that what makes the dish). I ask the waitress where the sauce was? No she tells me, there is no sauce. I pull out the menu, she takes it to the kitchen. Nothing. Nobody comes for another ten minutes - and then its one of the waitresses who dumps a dish of maionaise beside my plate and skates off.
So in the end we pay almost fifty euro for one of the worst meals I have ever had. Two poached (and overcooked) eggs on a bit of bread - and for my boyfriend a cheeseburger. The only apology when my boyfriend paid, was that the chef was new and didnt know the dishes. Come on guys, if you advertise something on your menu, at least make sure you know what it is.

If you really like American food - avoid this place. At least until they sort the chef situation!

1950AmericanDiner, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at 1950 American Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2016

I am very sorry for your negative experience for brunch.
there must have been some problems because usually our brunch is really appreciated.
I also ask you to excuse the bad service and for the long wait and I thank you for writing to us what happened in the diner of Pontedera.
We forwarded your complaint to the manager and the situation will not be repeated.
You have already been three other times by us and has always gone well. A mistake can happen to every human being ....
I hope you can come back and visit us to find the quality to which you used to!
Thanks again

Reviewed 12 September 2015 via mobile

We had there a Sunday brunch but it was really heavy, greasy and extremely expensive. The place is nice and the waitresses very kind but I don't think I will suggest this restaurant to anyone...

Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

Interior in 1950s diner style, all kinds of artifacts from USA (license plates, football team symbols, etc.). Waitresses are serving your food on roller skates (or at least take you to your table ). Very good burgers, onion rings were good (but too few), Cesar's salad and the Mexican wrap was not our taste... But definitely worth a visit and we'll go there again!