“Amazing Tapas”
Review of Tannery Restaurant

Tannery Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 46 Restaurants in Dungarvan
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Tannery Restaurant, Dungarvan, Co Waterford. Modern Irish Cooking. Chef/Owner Paul Flynn.
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

The establishment of the bar/ tapas menu was a genius idea. The quality of the food is amazing for the price point and it is a great way to sample a selection of winning Tannery dishes such as the crab soufflé (not to be missed). Perfect for the hungry tourist seeking to try as little or as much food as required. Not to be missed, especially if the restaurant is booked out.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed my 50th birthday celebration here with family. As ever the food, wine and service was outstanding. Always enjoy my visits to The Tannery.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

We were lucky to get a table at the Tannery for lunch as bookings are really required and the place was very busy. Very comfortable and inviting restaurant. The food was delicious and well presented and there is a good wine list. Would highly recommend the Tannery for lunch and would also recommend it for dinner as we had been there some years ago and it was first class. Always book in advance.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

We booked a two night stay which included dinner on one night. We were particularly taken with our starter of Crab meat Creme Brulee. So much so we asked for the recipe which we were given on Chevy out. The meal was excellent. My wife beeing a foodie had the tasting menu, while I was content with delicious four courses. All washed down with a Malbec for me and a lovely NZ S B for herself. Very comfortable accommodation just a three minute walk away. Breakfast choice was harty enough to last you through the day if decided. Or continental if you preferred . Friendly and efficient staff complemented our experience. Dungarvan is a lovely town with many cosy pubs, restaurants and shops to make you want to come back. I know we want to.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

The setting is lovely, the staff are really friendly and the wine list is great. While I enjoyed the food, I felt it was excessively rich (a lot of butter/dairy used, I’d imagine!).
I had no complaints, but my partner said her main course of fish was nice, but lacked flavor to take it to the next level, which is where it should be going, considering the price. Will give it another go in the future.