“Weekend”

Price range: US$17 - US$34
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Bit dated, good bar and good food, rooms still in the 70s, went there for a weekend of country music, can't knock that, but someone needs to invest in the decor of the hotel and the run down car park.

LawlorsRestaurant, General Manager at Lawlors Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2017

Dear Jim R,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Lawlors Hotel. As mentioned in previous responses, refurbishment is continuing here in the hotel on an on-going basis.
Yes we do hold Country Music weekends throughout the year and they are always a huge success, with many returning to us year after year.
We hope you will return to us for our ever popular Country Music events.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

We stayed here as the location is very convenient to the Waterford Greenway. Having read the recent poor reviews, we were a bit scared but glad we weren't put off entirely! Staff were very pleasant. I had requested a non-smoking room but was allocated a dreary room which stank of smoke and air-freshener. I requested a room change and the lady on reception, who was very pleasant and helpful, organised this immediately. The 'newly renovated' room I was then assigned was fine, although II don't understand why I wasn't allocated the better room at the offset. The place is undergoing an obvious renovation. The exterior and the bar/restaurant and lobby are all updated and clean. We could smell smoke from other rooms in our room and the noise levels from the hall in the morning were very high. Breakfast was a bit cramped but nice. Our evening meal in the restaurant was nice and staff were happy to cater to vegetarians. The staff really made the trip, I'd be glad to return and see how the renovations have progressed.

Dear Sharon T9084,

It is with great delight that we read your recent review. We appreciate you taking the Tripadvisor reviews at face value and staying and experiencing all that we have to offer here in Lawlors Hotel.
The Waterford Greenway is an amazing new attraction here in Waterford with Our hotel located 2 minutes away from the beginning of the track.
Looking forward to you returning again to us in the near future.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Few tweaks and this hotel wohls bs food.. it very central the road is very noisy.. the windows need replacing..nice big spacious rooms shame it very noidt

Dear Anne K,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us.
We are a town centre hotel, just 2 minutes from Grattan Square here in Dungarvan.
This brings with it, an element of minimal noise from the street. We always try when the customer requests, to allocate our guests in a quieter area of the hotel.
Hoping you will return again to us.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here last night, omg it was shocking. When we checked in they put us in room 140, I opened the door and I backed out in shock, it was tiny, the decor was like something from the 1920's and it was dirty. My wife went down to reception and spoke to the girl on the desk, she put us to room 212 which was a big room with a double and two single beds, the furniture was ancient, the floor boards creaked and the en suite was like a something that was thrown together from a salvage yard. The net curtains on the windows were filthy as were the windows themselves. Breakfast was nothing to write home about either, pretty basic to be honest. The health inspectors would want to pay a visit here, they would have a field day. It is advertised as a family run business, well the family would want to have a walk through the hotel and ask themselves would they stay here? I guarantee that they wouldn't. I know that I definitely won't be staying there ever again.

1  Thank chuckcronin

Dear Chuckcronin,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us.
We do take on board all responses, either positive or negative, and have discussed your comments with the relevant departments. Upgrading and refurbishment is continuous here in Lawlors Hotel, with a large proportion of the hotel refurbished, we have more planned in the near future.
We do hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Although the restaurant and bar staff are lovely and there's a nice atmosphere, the food just isn't great, unless the food has completely changed and improved since my last visit, I'll be avoiding eating here

Very disappointed to read your negative review of our food here in Lawlors Hotel.
We do our utmost to provide good quality locally sourced food.
We do hope that you will reconsider returning to us in the future.