“Great Food”

Cuisines: European, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

My family and I went to the Moorings last night unbooked.We were immediately welcomed and accompanied to a suitable table for 6.Stephen the manager was so quietly attentive.He change my stool for a more comfortable chair without my asking. He noticed me licking my fingers clean( due to their georgous food) he immediately gave me a wipe for my hands.
Menu was fishy with option of chicken steak and burgers too.
We all really loved our food.I had fish and Chips.It came with salad on the side.Probably the nicest fish and chips I've ever eaten .
Of course I had to taste my brothers Chowder..it was divine.My sister took the fish platter..the crab claws and squid stunning!
The atmosphere was warm and friendly.Service was efficient. Staff pleasant.
I'll definitely return next time I'm in Dungarvan.

1  Thank Georgina P

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

Visited the lovely moorings on a staff night out from the red store in youghal here on Tuesday night , the team here at the moorings did an excellent job in catering for us, they set up a menu for us which was absolutely fab and staff were extremely efficient- above and beyond- a great night was had by all, thanks for everything from all at the Red Store!

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

First . The food is quite good in the moorings. Hot and served quickly.
Second. The location on the quay side is picturesque and inviting.
Third. It it quaint and traditional as a pub
Fourth. It is dark and gloomy inside. I like to see my food.
Fifth. The tables are low so you have to bring the food a long way up to eat.
Sixth. Staff are efficient and friendly
Seventh. The floor is concrete and looks dirty.
Eight. Toilets are acceptably clean
Nine. As a traditional bar food restaurant it is quite good
All in all worth a try if you are in dungarvan

Reviewed 27 November 2017

First time at this beautiful restaurant located in the picturesque Quay in Dungarvan. Lovely selection of food to choose from, whatever your preference, Since we were by the sea, I just couldn't resist having the Lemon Sole in breadcrumbs, with chips and mushy peas and it was to die for, my wife had a humongous steak which was equally as gorgeous. Have to say staff were lovely, friendly, very mannerly, big shout out to Demot here, as he couldn't do enough for us, so thankyou Dermot! To summarise, The Moorings is well worth a visit, very reasonable too! Will be back!

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Really like this pub/restaurant. Recently wy wife and I ate in the snug area behind the right hand side of the bar. It's a lovely quite little space which fits approx 14 people maximum. The food was delicious as always as was the wine. For a small town Dungarvan has 3 or 4 fabulous eateries and this is one of them. Try it.