“Fantastic sizzling satay I've ever tasted .”
Review of China Rose

China Rose
Ranked #8 of 37 Restaurants in Matlock Bath
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 June 2015 via mobile

Took both my daughter's for a treat .. been to China rose a couple of times for takeaway ... This time we dined in .... As usual great welcome love these guys ... When I looked at the menu ... It all looks great but it might do good if they had a price for child size portions .. or even on the set menus instead of price per person... Maybe price including kids half price per head .... As I would of liked my girls to sample more or there fabulous flavours and dishes ..
but on the whole .. keep it up China rose ... Maybe a family set meal for family's ... I'm sure you'll boost high ..

1  Thank Zaineyziggy

Reviewed 15 June 2015

As my title suggests the main problem with restaurant was the price, most meals being priced two or three pound more than most. The staff were very friendly and polite explaining that they were new owners taking over in May this year from the previous management who had a bad culinary reputation.

The food we ordered was of excellent quality but for the price the potions could have been slightly bigger. We were charged for the prawn crackers and we had to ask for a dip which when arrived was tiny.

All in all with a little thought this restaurant could become very succesful if it listens and reads the comments of its customers.

Reviewed 15 June 2015 via mobile

I took my wife here for our anniversary as i had heard very good words about it since the new management had taken over (chris and dave). I can not reccomend it highly enough. It was the best chinese i had EVER eaten, with the best satay sauce in the world. We had a few dishes and everything was perfect. A lovely setting with authentic decor. Dave was really welcoming and couldnt have smiled anymore if he tried. Chris made very good conversation without being intruding. If i could give this restaurant a 10 i definately would. You will not be dissappointed at all.

Reviewed 12 June 2015

i have just been reading the terrible reviews earned by this restaurant here on trip advisor, all i can say is that it must have changed drastically because our experience on wednesday night, june 10 2015 was very different. its not smart and up to date in its decor admittedly, but it certainly was not dirty. i didnt see the old chinese lady others have mentioned. we were served and kept entertained by a malaysian guy who was hillarious and kept going to the kitchen to fetch little pots with tasters of his home made sauces, asking my husband "close your eyes darling and try this". the drinks arrived quickly, the food arrived quickly and was hot, flavourful and plentiful. our waiter was having banter with all diners and joining in with selfies among the younger crowds. at the end he made me an origami flower ring which was sweet and was genuinely surprised and shocked that we left him a sizeable tip. i would recommend it was a laugh.

1  Thank carole s
Reviewed 11 June 2015

Decided to go to Matlock bath for the evening as we live near Bakewell, after a quick scan on the internet found China Rose , and we both agree what a rose it is!! Service was second to none and the food very very tasty, we both shared the mixed platter to start which was lovely and I had a sizzling beef satay which has the best satay sauce I have ever tasted, and my partner had sweet & sour chicken which was also nice. These guys have just taken over and the place looks great. 100% will be returning!!