“Fantastic ”

Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Bigbury
Price range: US$18 - US$39
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Nestled into the Avon Valley, Award Winning restaurant The Oyster Shack – aka “Seafood Paradise” serves an array of mouth-watering catch of the day seafood and shellfish, depending on what’s been landed daily and what’s in season on the land. With eclectic, rustic decor its as cosy in the wintertime as it is virbrant and al fresco in the summer. A must visit year round. In true "shack" nature you can pop in for light nibbles and coffee with friends at lunchtime through to an extravagant Lobster lunch or whole catch of the day - always with incredibly friendly and welcoming service.
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

We absolutely love it here. The food, drinks and service are fantastic. I can’t rate this highly enough. Book in advance though.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,109)

Reviewed 14 August 2018

Chef Dan and Chef Alan are amazing!
For a starter I had BBQ mackerel, for my main course I had the undressed crab. With a bottle of wine, and Espresso Martini (yum yum). For desert I had fresh pineapple and coconut Panna Cotta with coconut macaroon.. It was so delicious it haunts me.. It was so fresh and the atmosphere was so relaxed. I would recommend that anyone looking for and amazing meal with a great staff stop in and taste what the Chefs have to offer.. I can not wait to go back..

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Fabulous - we'd been looking forward to visiting all year and were not disappointed. Very family friendly, welcoming, knowledgeable staff, a beautiful setting and of course amazing seafood. It's just a shame we don't live nearer!

Reviewed 13 August 2018

First time visit for Sunday dinner. Fresh oysters and fabulous lobster. Friendly service ... Excellent

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Still one of our favourite places to eat anywhere. The oysters are a fabulous way to begin a meal, and my barbecued sea bass was cooked to perfection! We had three delicious courses and a lovely rose wine for just over £40 each!