The Pickwick Inn
Price range: US$5 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian, Pub
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open for lunch and dinner seven days a week and throughout the afternoon on Saturdays and Sundays, The Pickwick Inn is a great treat for everyone, from those looking for a light lunch to those after a gourmet three or four course meal. Our fully stocked bar is also perfect for those wishing to sample a local real ale or to unwind after exploring the fantastic South Devon scenery.
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Popped here for lunch on Thursday - good pub nosh (albeit Calamari starter disappointing). Olives lovely, kids liked the garlic bread; pizzas looked good, I had the chargrilled chicken which was nice. Price ok; service ok (would have liked our plates taken a little quicker) but good stable meal in a nice environment. Garden was a little messy but we assume it was works in progress ahead of the main season starting. Good parking.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Highly recommended. Great food and beer Staff all very friendly and helpful. Pizza was very good. Super value for money. Can't recommens highly enough.

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

A lovely pub we have been visiting for decades, nice to see it's open and vibrant once again, friendly staff and good food. Lasagne and pizza were very tasty, the best we've had at a variety of establishments for a long time. We visited on a quiet midweek evening.

1  Thank Nicola O
Reviewed 19 June 2017

My wife and I arrived at 6.55pm for our 7 o’clock reservation. When I informed him of our booking, the landlord, by way of greeting, said “we are busy tonight” (I had pre-booked). The food took an hour to arrive. During this time the landlord and lady spent the time chatting to regulars and showed no interest in helping to alleviate the obvious severe delays. The food was poor quality e.g. I ordered a ham, mushroom and garlic pizza – what I was served showed no obvious ham or mushroom but was an indistinct garlic flavoured paste. The real ale I tried (Dartmoor Jail) was badly kept and stale.

2  Thank nomad666999
Reviewed 14 June 2017

Excellent choice of Italian food which was very tasty. Lasagne and pizzas were brilliant.
The starters are also amazing and well portioned. We are here for two nights during a weeks stay up the road in Challaborough. Very reasonable as well. For 4 starters,main and drinks was around £70.

2  Thank Ad87zO