“Cute little bar with an amazing”
Review of Harpers

Harpers
Ranked #42 of 119 Restaurants in Broadstairs
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Reviewed 6 September 2020 via mobile

Cute little bar with an amazing cocktail list. I had the Pino Colada which was delicious!

Definitely recommend to all cocktail lovers!

Date of visit: September 2020
1  Thank laurafS8358NF
Write a reviewReviews (68)

Reviewed 5 August 2020 via mobile

Lucked out with this walk-in! Although (pre-Covid) this is a cocktail bar with mainly evening trade, live music etc. you could do a LOT worse for lunch with kids. Very simple menu but everything was delicious and perfectly cooked. My youngest had a great bacon and cheese burger with fries and the rest of us had fish and chips. Quite small cod but succulent and super-fresh with perfect batter and only £8. Good service from waiting staff and a very friendly, chatty owner who we really liked. Health provisions excellent, thorough. Makes a nice change from undoubtedly good but MUCH pricier alternatives nearby. The owner talked to me for a while about their evening and out of season offerings. I was interested enough to want to come back with friends on a winter weekend for the evening. Meanwhile, I wouldn’t hesitate to return for a simple, very good value and well cooked lunch on a sunny beach day.

Reviewed 4 August 2020

Amazing bar just a few metres from the beach! Huge variety of cocktails, we popped in for a burger (delicious) and found ourselves sampling one or two of the cocktails from their pretty extensive list. Their pina colada is a triumphant reworking of a classic and the rum and bass a fantastic afternoon livener. Ended up staying for a couple of hours, leaving with a takeaway cocktail for the beach. Table service, screens and other social distancing measures were in place and well-managed. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 3 August 2020

Lovely food, great staff, amazing cocktails!!! Great range range of cocktails and drinks at very very good prices! Lovely atmosphere!! Make sure you pop in and grab a drink

Reviewed 19 July 2020

Went to Harper’s over a week ago, unhappy about what happened when I was there. Staff asked for our names and numbers on arrival which is absolutely fine. We know we have to provide these under government legislation. However, the way they are going about it is a problem. They are passing round an A4 notebook and making you write your name and number and arrival time in the book. Firstly, there is no way this cardboard notebook could be disinfected so this is an easy way to spread disease. It is then being passed to and from everyone who comes to the bar for them to add to, being left unattended at tables with punters to fill in by bar staff for 5-10 minutes at a time. Punters could easily flick back and read who is there and get their number or use that data for other reasons- ie see if you’re a regular there and the times you’re out of the house.. I think this is a GDPR issue and I don’t want people seeing my number. Legally this data can only be held by the pub and shared with track and trace so I’m not sure why they are purposively allowing people’s private data to be shared, but this break in data protection needs to stop.

The drinks were nice but this tainted the experience for me. I have tried to get in contact via email to no avail.

Date of visit: July 2020