“Highly recommended”

Price range: US$20 - US$46
Cuisines: European, French, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A warm welcome to Elizabeth's, our family run restaurant in Rochester, Kent. Manuel & Cristina opened this beautiful 16th century Tudor building as a restaurant in 1992. The restored beams, exposed brickwork and classic vintage design pieces create an elegant and comfortable space to enjoy a superb range of food. The menus reflect our signature European style with seasonal produce sourced from Kent producers where possible. Not forgetting our Spanish roots, there is a Tapas evening every last Thursday of the month so come and try some delicious, authentic Spanish dishes! We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Reviewed 15 July 2018

One of the best restaurant meals we have ever had. Friendly, knowledgeable personnel and delicious food impeccably cooked and presented. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

This was a lovely meal , just on our doorstep , outstanding food from start to finish couldn’t manage a desert but the starters and mains were really lovely , this would have to be a special occasion as quite expensive but it isn’t just run of the mill so recommend for that something a bit special ,worth every penny ....

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Extremely good food, staff were great helpful and polite, all in a lovely setting, my favourite restaurant in medway

Reviewed 18 June 2018

I've loved Elizabeth's since I was a little girl of 5 and wanted a posh dinner for my birthday - they gave me a little bit of everything for my pud and gained a loyal customer for life. I imagine it has changed hands a number of times since then but they continue to provide great food, great service and a lovely venue.

We go there for family birthdays and treats a couple of times a year and they remember our little quirks, like my father always asking for pepper with his strawberries and make us feel valued and welcome.

1  Thank HelenP2690
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

We went here yesterday for lunch whilst on a day trip to Rochester from London after reading the wonderful reviews on here.

We both had the delicious nut roast for our mains which was a very generous portion along with plentiful potatoes (I couldn’t finish all mine) and veggies. For my starter I had the delicious goats cheese nuggets with beetroot. Before all this we were given complimentary amuse bouche of pear sorbet which was really fresh and refreshing and Spanish olives.

For dessert I had the creme brûlée which was lovely and had a lovely crispy topping and my friend had the lemon tart with coffee ice cream.

The service was really efficient, polite and friendly but not intrusive.

Our three courses came to £26.50 which we thought excellent value.

The restaurant was situated on the High Street in the heart of the old town.

I would certainly recommend Elizabeth’s and would return if I found myself in Rochester again.