“OK for one night stop”
Review of The Swan

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coleshill
The Swan
Ranked #7 of 10 Coleshill B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 August 2017

We did not feel that this hotel was up to the usual Inn Keepers Lodge standard. The bed was comfortable and the shower worked well but the whole place needs an update and refurbishment (our bathroom had been updated). The extractor fans outside our window were noisy all night. The staff were not over friendly and there were no bananas for breakfast. The bar did not have any ICE or LEMON !

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room but still got the extractor fans outside the window.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 July 2017

I was very much looking forward to my stay at The Swan in Coleshill, Warwickshire. We were visiting family in a nearby town and staying in Coleshill was going to be ideal for travelling purposes. Originally from the area myself - one of my ancestors in fact was a Publican at the Swan almost 100 years ago. So the stay at the Swan was going to be a little more special for myself and my family. However, I must say I was disappointed and I am sure my ancestor would not have been very impressed with the state of the bedroom which we stayed in. We stayed in room 107 and the lamp above my side of the bed was hanging out of the wall! Literally! I was really surprised that we were put in this room given we asked for a family room as we had our young daughter with us.
The soap dispenser in the shower was not attached properly and looked as though it had been snapped off at one side of it. Again not great particularly for a family room. Breakfast (Continental) was below average and whilst there was some choice for the price of the stay we would have expected far more choice and availability.
Whilst waiting to use the toaster facilities on the first morning another guest had advised me that only one of them worked (there was two small toasters available). He told me he had advised the staff but it was shrugged off and was not replaced etc; I did contemplate a hot breakfast but we could see that it was a help yourself hot breakfast and the food was left uncovered (no lids) sitting on a hot plate. Not ideal or appealing in the slightest.
I will say that the housekeeping staff and the one member of staff available at breakfast (older lady) were all very friendly and helpful.
I might also add that as a family we were placed opposite a room with two young lads in who had no respect or consideration for being quiet late at night. I had to knock their door at gone midnight to ask them to quieten down as my daughter was sleeping. I thought this would be enough but no - I heard them come back out of their room as say we need to be quiet because of the neighbours only to slam the heavy bedroom door shut. My daughter was actually woken up at this point. I think more consideration needs to be given to where you place families within the hotel. Having gained substantial experience in hotel management myself this is not difficult to implement.
When we booked the room the reservation advised there was free wifi - there was no instruction in the room as to how to access it and when we did find it through our devices the signal was extremely weak to the point that we couldn't access it at all - you may wish to update your website regarding that. Your website should read free wifi if you can access it!!
Would we stay again? No which is really disappointing for me to say as I expected a much better quality of bedroom and service.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2017

Me my partner and daughter stayed in a family room for 1 night. When we arrived the lady was friendly and checked us in. First impressions seemed a nice pub, the hotel part is quiet dated. We got to our room although on the small side it was a nice basic clean room. I asked for more tea bags and a fan, which I had no problems getting. The room doors slam shut quiet loud which can get a bit annoying at night. We went down for the carvery which was ok. In the morning we had a free continental breakfast or you could pay for an all you could eat English breakfast. Overall we enjoyed our stay at this hotel.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2017

Just went for food . Staff were civil , not confrontational , I was not ignored . BIG change from last time we visited . Food yes , fresh well presented value for money . Bar service , what a change friends and family did not come first , I was served in order of arriving at the bar , makes a change from the past . Overall a vastly improved visit .

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul R
Reviewed 18 March 2017

While the staff were welcoming, the linen was clean & the food was excellent value for money; everywhere was very shabby. The carpet was threadbare in places and lots of chipped paint in the corridors and rooms. The bathroom had mildew with a broken tile in the shower area. The walls between the rooms were very thin. I booked 5 rooms to be together & we were over 2 floors - hardly together!!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business