“Shocking customer service”

Shunters Chip Shop and Smoke House
Ranked #30 of 69 Restaurants in Antrim
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Absoutely terrible the young girl on the phone was lovely and i explained my order then to recieve it it and for the food to be soggy i rang and explained the problem she said thats no problem i will send u up a new order i thanked her and as far as i was concerned it was sorted ohhh no deffo not i get a call back 2 mins later from a different staff member sayin the wouldnt be replacing my order they were sendin me a refund up instead and they would appreciate it if i wasnt abusive to there staff absolute nonsence i work in hospitality myself so i have nothin but respect 4 them cause i know its hard working with the public sometimes all in all the customer service was shockin the food wasnt great so i eventually got a refund nearly 3 hrs later no apology or anything safe to say i wnt be using this takeaway place again so sad cause a while back its was the nicest time in town

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Attended for lunch a few times, when there is only 1/2 of the 5 total tables filled they cope alright and food is served in a reasonable time but if they are busy it is not good. The last occasion we ordered off the lunch menu, straight forward orders chips and sauce, chips and sausages etc one member of the group got his lunch, finished eating before mine came, I finished eating and then the two others in the group then got theirs. They start to bring half orders to tables then move onto another table serve a few there rather completing them one party at a time. It's a shame as the food is nice and reasonably priced. On one occasion the staff were arguing among themselves which isn't great in front of customers. Have stopped using them at lunch time unfortunately.

1  Thank Kimmy311
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Daugher ordered desserd to be delivered . Choc cake came with garlic mayo instead of cream . Rang and they said they would send it up . They rang back saying they had no cream did we want icecream said no but girl kept saying we only have ice. Cream after min silence i asked what they were going to do about it . She went away came back and said we could have free cream nxt time . The cream comes with the cake so that offer was silly . Have tried to contact them but no reply . I no its only cream but come on you can have better cuatomer service than this . And who wants cake with no cream

1  Thank lesley m
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Another visit to Shunters and again the food and staff where amazing. I have seen some reviews saying they had to wait on their food, well I can assure you it's worth waiting for. The staff here are the friendliest and most attentive I have come across. Myself and my son had been served our meal but my wife's order took a little longer. As she was waiting a member of staff served her a plate of chips as she said "to keep her going", it was a really nice touch and speaks volumes for their customer service. Shunters had never disappointed and we look forward to our next visit.

Jim, Susan & Kealan.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Just had our first and last Shunters this evening. Cod and a portion of chicken goujons with chips for £10 and a long enough wait we were expecting great things! Boy were we disappointed. Chicken and fish were dripping in oil, you could feel it slide down your throat, really not good. And why don't people listen.... "would you like salt and vinegar?" "no thank you" and yes, it was all swimming in salt and vinegar. We will not be back!