“Back again”

Eagle Barge Inn
Ranked #5 of 11 Restaurants in Spean Bridge
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: You will also find The Eagle Barge Inn on http://www.fortaugustus.org/invergarry/foodanddrink.php
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

We came here last year for my birthday when we stayed on loch lochy. The food is amazing so we had to come back and we were not disappointed the food was amazing. They do the best chips I've ever tried and my partner and mother had the lamb shanks which they thought was delious. I would highly recommend eating here even if the quirky interior isn't to your liking I guarantee the food will be.. p.s would have been twice but it was closed at beginning of the week until next time eagle barge

Will B, Manager at Eagle Barge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Thankyou for your kind review. Pleased you enjoyed it both times. Hopefully we can keep up the good service on your next visit.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

We are walking the Great Glen Way and had just completed a 16.6 mile section so when we saw the barge we called in for a welcome drink and the dark ale was fantastic. The place is fantastic (can't understand some of the bad reviews) and Victoria who runs the bar is so lovely and courteous to every customer.

You need to book if you want to eat at the tables but can have bar snacks without booking. Even though we had had a long day we walked the couple of miles there and back from Great Glen Hostel.

We had more of the great beer and Chilli Con Carne with rice for our evening meal and it's was very good.

If you like quirky places with great atmosphere and friendly staff don't miss the barge when passing.

Just a tip if you are staying at the hostel don't walk along the road it's dangerous go along the canal path.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

We have always meant to stop and have a look so on 31st of August we thought we would give it a try.
My son ordered soup and sandwiches. Soup was terrible (was like a bad pasta sauce in a bowl) sandwich was tuna(just tuna nowt else).
I had chilli (terrible cold in the middle) no flavour. Served also with microwaved roll.
My wife wanted tuna sandwiches but when she asked what was with the tuna the young assistant answered it says on menu Tuna. Was not even prepared to add some mayo. So she settled for a fruit scone. 3 tins of juice. Total bill was over £20.
We were only people in and service was dreadful.
Never be back.

1  Thank Jim M
Will B, Manager at Eagle Barge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Hi there.
Sorry you didn't have a good visit. Ill tey and cover the issues raised. Firstly I wonder if you raised any concerns while you were here? Because I would definitely have tried to fix any issyes you had, and not charged you. But it would appear this wasnt the case and instead you popped it on here when nothing can actually be done to help you!!
The soup does indeed sell a few gallons a day, without any issue so I guess its just not your kind of soup.
The tuna sandwich is indeed a tuna sandwich. We don't add mayo unless asked as not everyone likes tunamayo, but again if we were asked to add mayo "at the time" I would have. However I dont believe you asked so I dont think that was our fault.
Also your bill was £20.10p
For chilli, sandwiches, scones, and drinks. The prices were also on the menu so I dont understand why your supprised at a price when you can see it!
Have a great day

Reviewed 1 September 2017

after a busy day walking this was a perfect place to stop for a drink - restaurant fully booked and bar very busy but thankyou to the friendly kayakers who offered usl a seat.

Will B, Manager at Eagle Barge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

Thankyou very much for your review. Thankyou also to the kayakers. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Nosdravia! We had a brilliant time on this ingenious, shabby little bar on a barge! The owners know how to show customers a good time!! Vicky was a little frosty at first but quickly warmed up and, along with her partner, hosted a fab night including quiz!! Food, for the price, was ok! Hot n crispy scampi n chips!! Great