TripAdvisor
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswinery tourhot tubgreat winetwo nightscellar doorboth morningsrest and relaxationfood and winenight packagewonderful weekendan entreebeautiful locationprivate decka bit tiredperfect place to relaxget away from it allface lift
Reviewed 10 April 2017

Fourth visit to one of our favourite Watering Holes. The rooms are now dated, but the Staff are still pleasant and welcoming. Food in the restaurant still good, but restricted menu, particularly at breakfast if Chef not present.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
ElizabethByrne001, Manager at Warrenmang Vineyard & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2017

thank you for returning to Warrenmang and complimenting the Chef's menu. As we usually have 3-4 entrees, 3-4 mains and 3-4 desserts, I find that most guests enjoy the choices and it is disappointing to hear differently. Perhaps you could drop me a line privately to let me know what you would prefer to be offered.

As for breakfast, the country style breakfast buffet includes a satisfying selection of cereals, in-house muesli, croissants, fresh fruits, yoghurt, toasts & spreads, juice, tea and coffee - all inclusive in the Bed & Breakfast option. On weekends, we have a breakfast chef with a hot breakfast menu. Again, I welcome your ideas on what could be improved.

thanks again, Liz

Reviewed 7 April 2017

A recommendation from another local winery to visit for lunch we proceeded with hungry bellies. On arrival the cellar door was closed and no restaurant sign in sight. Progressing up the hill we eventually found our way albeit intrigued no signage anywhere.
On greeting from a receptionist we arrived around 1:30pm for lunch with not a soul in sight in the out dated dining room. We proceeded to eat out on the deck where the maintenance guy was working. The waiter was clearly not happy with us being there, a load of rude comments and a few snide smiles all contributing to the clearly dilapidated state of affairs that this restaurant has fallen into. What is sad is that everywhere you looked it appeared to be either run down or just patched up.
The food very poor, the service laughable. We literally belly laughed all afternoon about this place. As a marketing director I desperately wanted to give them some advice, but clearly the way this place is looking it needs a lot of love and care and clearly an owner that cares about customers. I would highly avoid unless you need a great laugh, leave your expectations in the car park.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your review, however, I feel as a marketing director, you would understand that feedback given direct helps a business to change and grow in a positive way.
To address your points -
Cellar door - during the week the cellar door is closed with a notice to pick up the door phone for the receptionist who will pop down and take guests through a wine tasting.
Deck - the maintenance can only work on the deck during quiet times in the resort and at times, he would need to continue whether a guest chose to sit on the deck or not. It is better to have the deck maintained then not.
Restaurant - your comments are disappointing, most who enjoy a regional and rustic environment, find the restaurant particularly wonderful, whether for weddings or function as well as dining in.
Staff - this is disappointing and as I do not know which day you visited cannot discuss the behavior with the relevant staff member. However, our regular restaurant staff are regarded very highly and will be very hurt to read such comments.
All in all, I thank you for your review and will look into your comments even though they are disappointing.

Reviewed 1 April 2017

My wife and I stayed in a cottage for 2 nights which is all timber and feels like you are in a vineyard. The room is spacious and has nice views. It has reverse cycle air conditioning and a heater in the bath room. The king bed is very comfortable. The shower was hot for both of us with good pressure. The bathroom requires upgrading.
The restaurant had a limited menu but all items were well prepared and of excellent quality. The buffet breakfast had plenty of food to chose from and terrific croissants. The staff were very attentive, welcoming and fun to talk with.

Room Tip: stay in a cottage if not travelling in a group
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you, we really appreciate your comments and it would be fabulous if you would let me know what you would prefer to see in regard to the menu. As I've mentioned in other feedback, I thought offering 3-4 options in all courses was a good choice, however, we are certainly open to ideas. thank again, Liz

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the lodge, we were a party of six, we were the only ones in the lodge, there were lots of other people staying at the resort, We all had a great time the accommodation was very clean and comfortable. All the staff very friendly and helpful.
Restaurant was very good, food Was of a very high standard, the wines were also Very good,
Over all a very pleasant experience. Thanks to you all. would recommend to our friends.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your review, its lovely to read comments from a group as the Lodge and the Grange are ideally suited for friends and families to gather and have space to get together outside of the restaurant & bar area. Thank you again and I look forward to greeting your friends in the future. Liz

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Came here about 25 years ago and not much has changed. I like the imperfect quaint rooms and the old world charm. It beats a sterile place hands down. The food was excellent the service was outstanding with such fun wait staff. The wine is delicious. I even went for a swim in the pool. Not heated but refreshing and clean. Very happy with my time here. Not a budget getaway but worth the $$$.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
ElizabethByrne001, General Manager at Warrenmang Vineyard & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2017

Thank you for your visit and review. We are definitely a rural winery in the hills and our staff truly delivers with service and a divine menu. We do have a 10 seat outdoor spa if you are looking for heated water next visit, however, the unheated pool is definitely cool which is needed on the hot days of summer. We do appreciate your comments and we hope you don't wait another 25 years to visit again. warm regards, Liz