All reviewsgreat winetwo nightscellar doorfood and winerest and relaxationnight packagean entreebeautiful locationa bit tiredface lifttennis courtswine regionour waiterking bedrestaurant menufood was wonderfulnight stay
Reviewed 28 August 2017

Warrenmang is in no way, shape or form a luxury escape.

It is the most tired and dated accommodation i have stayed in for quite sometime. in fact we left after one night it was so dire.
Examples being the restaurant was so bad i had to send back my meal (granted they took my meal off the bill after I complained), our bathroom had no heater and in these low temps we were offered a small blow heater to plug in, Also the shower door came off its rail and was broken whilst having a shower.
Also to add to this they don't have TV's which is claimed is to get away from it all...but I'm guessing its because flat screens would cost too much, also no internet or wifi which is pretty standard these days.

Very old and tired...lovely location but that's about it I'm afraid.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Liz B, Manager at Warrenmang Vineyard & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

I am so sorry for taking time to respond to your comments; we have changed hands and that has taken my focus elsewhere. I apologise for your experience and appreciate your feedback, even though I would have preferred to hear your thoughts when I checked you out.
The reason we have no TV or wifi has been the belief of the previous owners that the opportunity to disconnect from technology gives an opportunity to rest, revive and renew your energies for the future. We are a rustic and regional resort and the buildings are in keeping with the bushland/vineyards setting and definitely not city spaces. We have new owners and I am looking forward to their journey. You are welcome to pop back and review us when you can

Reviewed 27 August 2017

The resort has a range of detached and semi-detached cabins. They are chalet style. They are looking a little tired and old with lots of wear and tear and things just not working the way they should e.g. lights, locks, sliding doors.
Beds are comfy with electric heaters. Views of the vines are lovely. Lots of Kangaroos around.
The restaurant is nice - food was good. Service in the restaurant and bar was great.
Reception was a little frosty.
You will need a car if you come here.

Room Tip: There are rooms with views over the vines
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

thank you for your feedback and I apologise for the time lapse before replying. With a change of ownership, my concentration has been elsewhere. However, all is well and the new owners are looking forward to positive changes whilst retaining the heritage and character of Warrenmang. We are a regional resort and in keeping with the area, the buildings are rustic which adds to the charm for most. From now on, reception will be always warm and welcoming! thank you again for your feedback

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

We had a luxury escape package with 3 other couples. We stayed in "the grange".
It was a lovely location close to great wineries. The decor is in need of an update as is the building.
We got it for half price through luxury escapes which was good value, however there is no way I would pay the usual rate of $140 per person twin share a night (560 a weekend).
The resort has a lot of potential in a great location and it would be great to see it updated.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

thank you for your review and we look forward to your next visit to review the changes which the new owners will bring during the coming year. They love the views, heritage and character of the vineyard and plan to bring a refresh, renew and revitalisation to the wonderful vineyard that we know and love. Let me know if you pop back, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

We had a 2 night stay as part of a Cudo deal. It was a stay in chalet style accommodation which was warm and comfortable but there is definitely the need for some updating. The surroundings are beautiful and there are nice walks around the resort. Definitely the place to go for some rest and relaxation, good that there are no televisions. We found the food and wine is of a high quality and standard, there is a small food selection but good choices, we ate there on both nights. Linda and Zoe were both excellent and they made you feel very welcome and comfortable. Would visit again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

thank you for your review and its lovely to hear the staff recognised for their wonderful service and hospitality. There is certainly updating plans in the future and we'd love to hear your thoughts when they are done. Rest and relaxation is one of the building blocks of a visit to Warrenmang - a glass of wine on the deck overlooking the vineyard does wonders for the soul.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

We were visiting the resort 20 years after our first visit and happened to coincide with the Winter winemakers lunch- what a lucky coincidence! The food and wine were exceptional and we had a wonderful lunch and afternoon with the owner Luigi, amazing winemaker Greg and fabulous chef Elliot. I cannot rate this experience highly enough.
The resort itself is in a lovely setting- very accessible from Geelong and Melbourne. The chalet style accommodation is very appealing but could do with a bit of TLC- bathroom was quite dated.
One of the best selling points for this resort (apart from the great wine) is the amazing staff. Linda and Zoe in the restaurant made our stay very enjoyable- they were both extremely personable and amenable and went out of their way to ensure that our stay was memorable. The aforementioned chef Elliot provide beautiful meals and the cellar door staff were all very helpful.. We will not wait another 20 years to visit again!

Room Tip: Ask for a chalet overlooking the vineyard
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

What a beautiful review. Thank you. We look forward to welcoming you back and your enjoyment of our menu.