1,460 results
All reviews the river tram stop great location buffet breakfast spa suite pillow menu across the road bottle of wine pleasant stay business trip front door comfortable bed excellent stay a great place to stay easy access public transport would stay again
Reviewed 17 October 2018

we had an amazing time loved everything about this place highly recommend it staff were great location great the food was lovely we stayed in the king bed spa suit the bed was the most amazing l have ever slept in so soft the sheets were so clean and fresh buffet breakfast great if we have the chance l would love to bring my children and stay again

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
tim_bilston, General Manager at Amora Hotel Riverwalk Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Dear Megan,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel the Amora Hotel Riverwalk Melbourne after your recent stay.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay & clearly you enjoyed the "Amora Luxury Bed".

Guest feedback means a great deal to the team.

We hope to see you again soon (with your family)!

Reviewed 17 October 2018

This is rated as a very good hotel and I'm struggling to understand why.
I joined my husband on a business trip, so the hotel was chosen for us. Given a choice I would have looked elsewhere.
This hotel makes a big thing about being on the river, but you can't hardly see it. It is quite a way from the city center, although there is the tram close by.
The hotel is vintage 70's or early 80's with old fashioned bathrooms and central heating. The beds are ok, but there is a surprisingly limited 'pillow menu', comprising; feather or European. Not good for those of us who have neck or back issues and need latex or memory foam.
The room looked clean but shabby, trying very hard to be something it clearly isn't, even the cheap bedside bottle of water cost $3.50.
The bathroom was, well, just awful! The "shower" over the bath was just a cheap rain-head really high up close to the ceiling with low pressure, at first I thought it was just an air vent. No hand-held, no directional shower-head, nothing. How are we supposed to get clean? I ended up having a half-bath/half-shower. I really hope to never have to re-experience that again!
The Fresco restaurant has a limited menu, fairly standard and over-priced for the quality.
The staff however were great, very helpful and friendly.
I guess I can't be too judgemental given I didn't pay fo this, but if I had of had to, seriously, if you are in the market for a quality hotel with good facilities, this is not the place for you.

Room tip: Check out alternatives.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank kaziasole

Dear Kaziasole,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel after your recent stay.

I apologize that you did not have a great stay.

We take all feedback very seriously & review it regularly as a team with a view to improving.

We will soon be reviewing our pillow menu. Thank you for the suggestions.

We do charge for water. Melbourne does have some of the best tap water in the world, so there is always the option to have the tap water.

We do have rooms with shower only, which may have suited you more. All of our showers have the same "Rain Shower". We will do a thorough inspection of the room that you were in & check the shower.

We do hope to accommodate you again & I am confident that we can meet & even exceed your expectations. We will understand however if you choose elsewhere.

Regards

Reviewed 17 October 2018

Staff were great, rooms very comfortable and clean, check in and out was quick and easy. Breakfast was very nice and fresh and customer service excellent. The river walk was a nice surprise and the gardens were very pleasing.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Trisha,

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay & found our staff to be great.

Reviewed 16 October 2018

This time we had one of the two rooms - upstairs / downstairs. Great night,. great room and great bed (one day yes I would like to buy one).Staff are always helpful and friendly. Thank you :)Hope to be back soon

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Annmarie,

I was pleased to read that you again enjoyed your stay. Its great to get reviews from our regular guests.

Reviewed 16 October 2018

fantastic location, great staff and facilities, breakfast buffet has great selection and restaurant has children's menu, the kids also loved the pillow menu, we came for a duathlon and will stay again!

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear katie,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel the Amora Hotel Riverwalk Melbourne after your recent stay for a Family getaway / duathlon.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be "Great".