“Priceless seabreeze, fantastic location...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Jass Villa

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Swedish first
Any
Desiree19...
Hungerford
“Priceless seabreeze, fantastic location & hospitality”
Reviewed 16 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

We stayed at Jess Villa for 7 nights with 2 kids aged 13 and 10.The upstairs terrace is a real treat. The villa is located right on the beach and it is very possible to laze the days away on the terrace with gentle seabreeze or stargazing at night when the stars seem to be in touching distance. I loved the fact that there is no TV and it really allowed us to bond as a family the old school way. The villa is rustic and if you like everything new and shiny then this villa is not for you, It was perfect for us as it is very clean with a cleaner visiting everyday. The location is very safe and we slept with our bedroom doors open to enjoy the seabreeze and the sound of the waves. Low tide was my absolute favourite, well worth the long walk to reach the clear blue waters.

Issa the house manager is the ultimate host, sorted a car plus the drivering permit required. Nothing is too much trouble and always available. Issa went out of his way to return my phone which I forgot in the car on our return to the UK. I could go into great detail about how amazing he is, just trust that he look after you. I had organised a lot of excursion before I we arrived but if I had known I would have let Issa do the bookings.

Mubarak the chef is also amazing and caused me to over eat everytime he cooked for us.

We try not to go anywhere twice but we will be going back to Jess Villa no doubt. I miss it already

Management Response
18 Feb 2018
We are very pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay at Jass Villa! As you say the terrace with the amazing view over the Indian ocean is what makes the villa special. It's also nice to know that you enjoyed the low tide. Some tourists don't like it but as you write it's well worth the walk because the water and the sand further out is even better. We are especially happy to read all the kind words about our staff and the service level.
We would love to see you as our guests again!
Karmalita...
Washington
“Awesome Experience”
Reviewed 7 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

I absolutely enjoyed my experience at the villa. Mr. Issa was very attentive to my requests, his wife was warm and accomodating as well. My time was well spent. Total relaxation surrounded by beauty. Definitely worth the 20+ hour flight.

PhillipKo...
San Jose, California
“Nice place, but open to the outside!”
Reviewed 20 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017
people found this review helpful

We stayed at Jass Villa in early July. The place is nice, and right on the beach. But what you cannot tell from the photos or other reviews is that the downstairs kitchen and living room and upstairs living room are completely open to the outside! The upstairs living room is completely open, and the stairs leading up to them are open, so there is no way to keep mosquitos out day or night from upstairs or downstairs. The only parts of the house that can be sealed off from the outside are the bedrooms and the bathrooms. If you need to go to the bathroom you basically have to walk outside. There weren't many mosquitos when we were there, but we were told that sometimes the mosquitos are bad (I presume that is during the rainy season). I wouldn't want to be there when the mosquitos were bad! What this place needs is to enclose the upper living room and stairway with screening or windows to keep the bugs out. Also note there is no way to completely secure the house. Anyone who gains access to the upper deck gains access to the entire house. It is possible to lock each bedroom door individually, and the beds do have mosquito netting, but who wants to be stuck in their room? Enclosing the upper living room would still leave the entire deck area outside for lounging in the sun, so I don't see the point in having the entire house open to the outside. We liked Jass Villa, but IMO it's completely open air design is not appropriate for a malaria zone.

Management Response
31 Aug 2017
Thank you for your review. The open terrace with he magnificent view is what makes this Villa so special! We have the best location and the best view in Jambiani and maybe in whole Zanzibar. To close of the terrace would dramatically change the wonderful view and atmosphere that we currently have and that our guests enjoy so much. We agree that it would have been more convenient to have the bathroom enclosed to the bedrooms and that it would be good to close the stairs downstairs.
Bugs and Mosquitos are usually not a problem. All the bedrooms have nets around the beds to keep you protected at night. The good thing is that Zanzibar has managed to control Malaria and there are very few cases reported nowadays.
V P
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“A short weekend on the beach”
Reviewed 4 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017
people found this review helpful

This place was beautiful. My friends and I stayed here for 2 nights in February. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Issa and his brother Haji ( I hopes I spelled it correctly) made sure we were taken care of on our trip. The view from the upper deck was amazing, and the view at night left us speechless! Overall, I would stay here again. Thank You!

boagsinth...
Serengeti National Park, Tanzania
“Peace and tranquility in a beautiful setting and a comfortable welcoming villa”
Reviewed 10 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

Jass Villa is situated right on the beach at Jambiani and is ideal for a relaxing family holiday. Four good sized bedrooms and a lovely deck on the upper floor overlooking the sea and cooled by the welcoming sea breeze. Issa the housekeeper was always on hand and willing to help with anything we asked of him.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing