Hotel Luz de Luna
US$470
Rancho Pacifico(Uvita)
US$380
TripAdvisor
All reviewsclean roomscosta ricasmall placeplace to staynice poolhot watercomfortable bedthree nightsfelipetvcandlesjungle
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

Place came thru clutch when we were looking for a place last minute. The free breakfast and pool with the reasonable price was an added bonus. Only knock is that the shower wouldn’t drain but they were nice about it.

Stayed: January 2018
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Owner , Felipe , is super nice , has a well trained friendly staff, clean rooms with TV and AC, lovely bathroom, deck and pool.
Great restaurant adjacent, the food is excellent and they gave me my breakfast way beyond the “ 9 “ am time . In the evening you can relax in a cozy seating area with candles and local music - and they let me sit there even after they had left.
There is parking by the hotel,
Wifi not always working in rooms, but definitely in restaurant area.
I stayed there last summer for 2 weeks. I will for sure stay there again.

Room Tip: Upstairs is quieter , if the hotel is full
Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Hotel Luz de Luna is a quaint little hotel with clean rooms, ac and a wonderful little restaurant! Candles, soft reggae and comfortable seating make this little hotel in the jungle a great place for couples and families alike! Hot water and friendly staff make this place an even better stay! We would definitely stay again!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank David B
Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

We booked last minute and showed up at around 10pm in a dark street. The hotel has no sign because the city keeps taking them down, as was explained to us, so we weren't sure we were at the right place. The owner, Felipe came out to see what was going on and gave us a room immediately, telling us we could deal with checking in sometime the next day at our convenience, no questions asked. The next day he put an umbrella by our door because he realized we didn't have one. The day we left, I told him our transportation situation changed, so he went out of his way to call around and help me figure it out. He sat and talked with us over coffee at his restaurant and gifted us with a bag of Costa Rican coffee as a parting gift. The hotel was clean, quaint, and accessible to everything.

It was not a resort, it was a motel. But I wouldn't stay anywhere else because of the hospitality we received. Not to mention, the food was really good. When I come back this is where I'm staying.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gerardt187
Reviewed 9 May 2017

Nice hotel in an easy to find location. Booked on site, affordable. Friendly service. Very clean!! Good shower with hot water, towels, soap, shampoo and conditioner provided, which is in our experience so far in Costa Rica, unique and welcomed! Nice restaurant next door. Cute pool with towels provided if needed. Comfortable bed. TV and wifi in the room. No fridge. Overall excellent! Thank you

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple