This hotel has much to commend it. First the location is superb with great views across the small bay. The rooms are a good size, clean and with AI the mini bar is kept well stocked with water and soft drinks. The staff were always very helpful and friendly. The animation team accepted our need for peace with good grace.
However, for a hotel claiming to be five star it is looking a bit tired in places. The path ways had weeds growing on them: one would have thought that this would have been attended to before the season started. The food was good but we have experienced better at other AI establishments and by the end of the week was becoming a bit repetative( not unusual). Also by the end of the week the hotel was starting to fill up. This was shown by queues starting to appear to gain access to the main restraurant in the evening. One wonders what it will be like at the peak of the season! The alternative Chinese restaurant was pretty average and they had run out some things on the menu.
If you want to see a bit more of Crete, and you are not part of a package offering tours, you really have to hire a car as the local bus only runs once each way and only gives you four hours in Heraklion. No bus at all on Sundays.
The local beach below the hotel was OK. Clean but quite course sand. You had to pay for the beds. The water was crystal clear.
If you want to get away from it all with the possibilty of some action then this hotel might be for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sea Side Resort & Spa is one of the best hotels in Crete; it combines affordable holidays in luxurious settings, natural gardens, all under the sea breeze of the Aegean Sea. Friendly staff, great accommodation, attention to detail; all these ensure a memorable holiday to all of our guests. Sea Side Resort & Spa is a great way to spend your Greek holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Sea Side Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Side Hotel Agia Pelagia
- Sea Side Resort And Spa
- Sensimar Sea Side Hotel
- Sea Side Resort & Spa Agia Pelagia, Crete, Greece