Arrival- We arrived late and they had put on a selection of sandwiches for us- The staff were nice and friendly and took us to our room- we soon realised we had been upgraded to a sharing pool room with our own infinity pool which we shared with 10 other rooms- (32- 43)
Rooms- Our room was large and airy with a TV and mini bar. The room was cleaned every day and mini- bar re-stocked every 2 days with soft drinks.
We had a patio door leading out on to the sharing pool with 2 sun loungers and an umbrella. During our stay only about 5 of the rooms around the pool were occupied so some days we were the only ones at our pool!
Hotel- Well kept and clean surroundings. There are a lot of steps around the hotel, but there is lift access to most levels- except the beach.
Pools- There are 2 pools- a relaxing pool with a sun-deck and an active pool where the animation team put on various activities throughout the day such as aqua aerobics and water polo. Both pools have pool bars serving all inclusive drinks- and the active pool bar serving all inclusive food and ice cream as well.
During our stay it seemed the relaxing pool was busier that the active pool but there was still available sun beds at both.
Food- Great selection of food for all meals, self service buffet and drinks to order (all inclusive). Each evening there was a different food theme- however there was always a large selection of alternatives as well.
You also get one night free at the chinese which is great!
Bars- 3 bars around the hotel- 2 open till 1am with all inclusive drinks until 11.
VIEW- Amazing views and surroundings!! Sea views all around.
Entertainment- Great animation team with something different every night- optional participation.
Beaches- Below the hotel is a beach which there are 2 paths too- you can either get the lift to the lowest level of the hotel and walk down the road- or there is a path down from the relaxing pool. (5 min walk)
Quite pebbly but loungers and umbrellas are available and a few seaside shops and cafes.
We did not sit on this beach however we found a beautiful beach in the next cove- (20 min walk through the hotel grounds opposite and down the path the other side)
still pebbly but more secluded with a beach bar, loungers, umbrellas and a peddelo to hire.
We also walked into the main town of Agia Pelagia (45 min walk) where there is a sandy beach and many water sports.
Overall- If you are looking for a relaxing holiday then this hotel is great as its quite secluded.
Tip- We read a lot of the reviews before we went and its seems most bad reviews are from high season.
- October was still great weather- late 20s with a couple of 30 degree days!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sea Side Resort & Spa is one of the best hotels in Crete; it combines affordable holidays in luxurious settings, natural gardens, all under the sea breeze of the Aegean Sea. Friendly staff, great accommodation, attention to detail; all these ensure a memorable holiday to all of our guests. Sea Side Resort & Spa is a great way to spend your Greek holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Sea Side Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Side Hotel Agia Pelagia
- Sea Side Resort And Spa
- Sensimar Sea Side Hotel
- Sea Side Resort & Spa Agia Pelagia, Crete, Greece