“best location to watch the sunset”

Galaxy Suites & Villas
Ranked #43 of 51 Hotels in Imerovigli
Reviewed 18 July 2017

Nikos and his team were amazing, and looked after us. The suite we had (no 24) was small and a bit dark, but we didn't care, the view from the terrace is epic.

Thank you so much for a wonderful stay, we loved it.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MMH1

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Just a great place to be, beautiful views, fantastic room with spa and a pool within ten feet. Breakfast every morning outside our sweet with a billionaire view.

Nico and the crew did everything we asked, never a problem, help, polite and informative. Made our Santorini experience what it should be 'magical'.

Coming back!

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank dcams2366
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

What a nice place and what an amazing hotel it was! We were not in somewhere in the earth, we were in the paradise i guess. Hotel's location, sea sight of the room are both what we expect from it. Hotel personnel were kind, thank both receptionist girl and the serving guy who i ashamedly forgot his name. Thank you for this honeymoon experience.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yusuf U
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in Galaxy Suites at the end of May to early June for 3 nights. It was absolutely stunning and amazing. I highly recommend it because the area is quiet, private, there are great views and the hotel is located near the bus stop.

LOCATION: the hotel has stunning views of the caldera as seen in my pictures below. There is a perfect private view of the sunset. We made sure to return to the hotel every evening to watch the sunset. Oia has way too many people. Imerovigili has a magnificent view which is just as good or better than Oia.

PRIVACY: The hotel is located near the north end of the cliff hotels in Imerovigili. Imerovigili provides more privacy than Fira or Oia where random tourists walk around the footpaths and can see into your porch/pool/hot tub. There is an incomplete building on the left of the hotel, but I see it as a plus since it means there are less people looking in at you from the left side. When you walk through Oia you will understand how open the hotels there are and how busy the footpaths can be. This will help you appreciate staying in Galaxy Suites. It's a great balance of getting some privacy while having stunning views of the caldera.

ROOM: we got room 20 which was the middle room on the top floor just beneath the restaurant and sunbathing area. I highly recommend requesting this room when booking. Being near the top it meant that other hotel guests could look down into our porch or hot tub. There are planks which are placed as a roof on back half of the porch to provide privacy from people watching down into your porch from the street, sunbathing or restaurant.

Other hotel visitors can look down into the porches of the other lower rooms in the hotel, particularly the villa. The rooms on the same level as the pool are also less private as hotel guests traverse this path to get to the pool.

Our room was very clean and we were able to check in as early as 10am since the room was available (we did go during off season). The porch has a table, chairs and lounge chairs and a hot tub. There was a plant pot with herbs which added a very Greek touch. The room had a big bed, couch, small tv, safe, mini fridge which came with water, beer and soda, robes and bedroom slippers.

The bathroom was nice and big, but the shower however did not have a separator, which caused the bathroom floor to get wet.

When we got there the luggage stand was broken. The staff immediately fixed it for us. Some other stuff I noticed(but didn't bring it to the staffs attention to be honest): the hot tub light was not working, the shower drain would back up and one of the bedside lamps was blown. Nothing major to ruin my vacation, but for price range of the hotel I would expect better QAQC of their amenities. I'm sure if I had brought it to their attention they would have tried to help as best as they could.

AMENITIES: the hotel has a restaurant and an infinity pool at the top level. There is also another pool lower down. All rooms come with your own hot tub. There is no 'spa' as indicated on the trip advisor name, so keep that in mind when booking. There's also lots of space poolside, on your porch or next to the restaurant to sunbathe is desired. The hotel probably has a little over 10 rooms total so it is small.

I did notice that alot of the lounge chairs were stained yellow. This is something they need to work on,either cleaning then or replacing them.

BREAKFAST: breakfast was amazing. You had to choose what you wanted for breakfast and submit the form the night before. Everything tasted great. You could get bread, croissants, cheese pie, spinach pie, Apple pie, yogurt, omelets, scrambled eggs, crepes, grilled cheese, fresh orange juice, tea, Greek coffee to name most. I particularly liked the crepes. We requested an early breakfast on the second day (at 8am) and they accommodated us. They did forget two items from our breakfast one day, but we were full so I didn't bother to call them to have the forgotten things delivered.

DINING OPTIONS: the hotel has a restaurant at the street level (top level). I had not eaten there (since my style of travelling is to rarely eat at the hotel, but to explore other restaurants). When we looked at the menu the prices seemed reasonable enough for a hotel restaurant in Santorini.

Bottled water at the hotel was €2 which was cheaper than the mini mart next door. A bottle of wine was about €25 which was comparable to the mini mart prices. I bought my own wine in Fira for about €13 and kept it in the mini bar. We even had a bottle left over from Crete which we had paid €6.

There are alot of restaurants in Imerovigili to choose from. Taverna Tasos is a 20min stroll away to the north on the footpath. This was a nice evening stroll after sunset with a red sky. Note you may need a flashlight (or flashlight app) to walk back in the night or take a taxi. Don't walk on the main road, there is no pavement.

We ate at Anestis in Imerovigili which was delicious and reasonably priced. It was 5 mins walk from the hotel. There are alot of dining options within 5mins walk.

STAFF: the staff were very very friendly. We were greeted by Nick the manager who took our luggage from the shuttle on arrival. Everyone was friendly and willing to do whatever they can to make your stay comfortable. They are very hard working people. I did notice that the staff pool was small (it is a small hotel after all).

I don't think anyone is around late in the night after the restaurant closes. Someone was supposed to check us out on the last day at 4.30am and carry our luggage to the shuttle. Noone showed up but fortunately I was located at a room near the top so it wasn't much effort to carry my own luggage. If you have an early checkout do notify the manager upon your arrival so they can make arrangements. You have to keep in mind this is a small hotel, not the usual hotel you would stay in with 50 plus rooms and many staff.

The staff offered to help booking taxis, rental cars, restaurants tours etc. I didn't need their help since I had pre-planned and pre-booked everything already. I was told they recently bought a car which can be used to transport guests (for a fee of course).

CLEANLINESS: the room was cleaned daily and towels changed. I was very happy with the cleanliness of the room.

TRANSPORTATION: the bus stop is located within 5mins wallow the hotel. This is one reason I would highly recommend this hotel. Busses in Santorini are very cheap (1.80€) to get to Fira or Oia. They also run every 20mins.

Alternatively alot of people rented atvs scooters or cars. The hotel can help you book a rental. There are a few rental places nearby.

Personally I was glad to take the bus since it was low risk and cheap.

PARKING: so if you do get a rental, the hotel does not have a car park (like most hotels in Santorini). The street near the hotel was always filled with cars and atvs so parking is an issue. You can ask the hotel about parking before you rent anything.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! you won't regret it.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Glenn J
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Lucas and nick looked after us with impeccable service. Very friendly couple of guys. Would recommend a stay here to anyone. Nothing was to much trouble. Thanks to our housekeeper who looked after our room, fabulous work.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple