Boutique Hotel Schluessel
Hotel Nidwaldnerhof(Beckenried)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$221
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$283/night.

Hotel Seerausch(Beckenried)(Great Value!)
US$289
US$252
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewstwo nightstake carewarm welcomearea activitiesout of this worldlocal producefree standing bathtubbreakfast was deliciousfantastic dinnertea and coffeehonesty barworth a tripset menurooms are biglong journeybeautiful placelake view
Reviewed 9 February 2017

I stayed here for a few days for work in October 2016 and it's probably the nicest boutique hotel I've ever stayed in.

The hosts were so welcoming and the rooms were out of this world! I stayed in Elf and I saw quite a few of the rooms which were also incredible. If i were to stay again on my own or as a couple I would book Elf again without a doubt.

There were great touches to the room. There was a delicious mini bottle of local port to welcome me when I arrived which was such a nice touch. The freestanding bathtub was close to the window so I could look out to the gorgeous lake. The TV was on a stand so I could move it around and in the evenings I moved it next to the bath. Utter bliss!!!!

The bed was SO comfy. An automatic night light under the bed popped on if you step down from it which was very handy in the middle of the night.

The Towels and dressing gown were very comfy and the shower was great. Yes room Elf has a free standing bath tub and a shower. You're spoilt for choices!

The style of the room was gorgeous too. If I could afford to I would turn my bedroom in London into this room!

There were further lovely touches to this hotel. Outside my room was a mini kitchen on the landing where you could help yourself to tea and coffee, along with a little fridge full of treats. They have an honesty bar system so you simply write down what you take and it gets charged to your room.

The breakfast was great. A lovely selection of breads, cheeses, ham, cereal etc. Great cappacinos too.

We ate in one night and experience the hosts cooking. We had Venison and it was INCREDIBLE!

It was fairly quiet when we stayed which was great. I was in a room and my colleague was in another and we had a further room which we turned into an office to work in which was great. The hosts were so wonderful and helped us with anything we needed.

I am definitely going to return here. Thank you so much!

Room Tip: Room Elf is amazing!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Gabrielle A, Inhaber at Boutique Hotel Schluessel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2017

thank you very much Megan for your great review!
We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate that you enjoyed all the little details in the house. You are very welcome to be our guest (be it working or for a holiday) again anytime.
We look forward to having you here again!

Reviewed 2 January 2017

I think the many excellent reviews have said it all. Boutique Hotel Schluessel is nothing short of perfection: from the initial warm welcome by the owners, the gorgeously decorated rooms, to the fantastic dinner we had in the evening. It’s simply a beautiful place and it’s the little things that add the extra special touch: a great selection of reading material in the lounge, plenty of DVD’s if you prefer a night in or their cute small shop where they sell mainly homemade and local produce.

We stayed in room number 13 on the second floor which has a bathtub and balcony. Throughout our stay it was very quiet and we didn’t hear any noise from other guests or from the outside.

This is truly a special place and we can’t wait to return in the future.

Room Tip: Room 13 was great with a private balcony and bathtub
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Gabrielle A, Inhaber at Boutique Hotel Schluessel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2017

We just never get tired of reading happy feedbacks... Thank you very much! We are glad that everything was to your favour and we look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future.

Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the Schluessel for our annual board meeting. After a delightful dinner with likewise delightful wines (nice selection of French, Italian, Spanish reds but also several Swiss ones) we had a good rest in the cosy rooms - quiet, clean, cosy, good beds. Perfect.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2016

This was our fourth stay at Schluessel. The standards have always been exceptional and this year we were lucky enough to be able to stay on an evening when the restaurant was open. The meal was first class, some might say a little pricey, but we thought was worth every penny! Located overlooking the lake and makes for a home from home type experience. We cannot recommend this hotel highly enough! Just make sure you have space for us next year please!

Room Tip: Check that the restaurant is open is you require an evening meal!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2016

It is an old house, with few rooms, charmfull, with big rooms, very comfortable. Of course it not a modern place, but it is worthy, although it is more expensive than a traditional hotel. It is situated in a quiet town, with lake view, very typical swiss small town. There is a restaurant where the owner is the chef, and a bar for aperitif before dinner. Swiss food, and a very large wine list, with good options. Good free wifi, free parking, tea facilities, close (25min ) to Lucerne, it is a option if you prefer more romantic and quiet place, different from a classic hotel

Stayed: October 2016