“Serendipitous discovery”

twentysix Cafe and Bistro
Ranked #19 of 83 Restaurants in Teignmouth
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 15 September 2016

I stumbled across Twenty Six by accident as I was not expecting to find a decent dining establishment at this precise location. It has a bit of a French flavour to it. It was empty as I arrived (at 1 pm) but looked bright, clean and welcoming. It began to fill up after I arrived. The staff are extremely friendly and accommodating. I had smoked salmon followed by Croque Madame. This was very filling but the food was good as was the pot of English Breakfast Tea. It appears to be a dog friendly establishment. Ideal for light lunches.

1  Thank Dominic P

Reviewed 13 September 2016

We found this cafe by chance. It is very close to the seaside in Regent Street and is large enough to cater for maybe 20 or so people and small enough to be cosy and inviting. I was attracted to it because they provide GLUTEN FREE food and they also do the most gorgeous gluten free cakes. Superb teas, including infusions, and coffees. Their menu covers breakfast, brunch and lunch. Try the delicious ratatouille topped with goat's cheese, and lovely bread (gluten free for me). The menu is really varied and I recommend you try this cafe when in Teignmouth. People just pop in for a light bite and a drink also. It is popular and does get fairly busy. I like it.

1  Thank Seasandzzz
Reviewed 6 September 2016

My son and I shared a sea food platter designed for two people but the amount of "artisan" bread supplied was woefully inadequate. I asked for more and was subsequently charged 90p for 4 miserable slices. Very expensive lunch for two---bill was £30 and we didn't have dessert.
Having said this, the seafood was pleasant if a little drowned in oil.
Coffee good ++

Reviewed 30 August 2016

Great Food always consistent. The menu is fairly limited but absolutely lovely. Every dish I have ever had in here is yum.
Great customer service. Always helpful and efficient.
Food is fresh, salad always fresh.
Gorgeous deserts.

2  Thank Ali J
Reviewed 25 August 2016

We chose to have lunch here with our granddaughter last week having had a quick look in other town centre venues and preferring the light, relaxed style of this one. We were not disappointed! An enjoyable lunch for us all........tasty tomato soup and different choices of croques.

2  Thank Linda K