“Oh WOW!”

Ranfield's Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Ranfield's Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Coggeshall
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located in the charming market town of Coggeshall, ranfields Brasserie brings a metropolitan touch to the heart of Essex. The 16th century building was originally converted into a restaurant by restaurateur Peter Langan and now boasts a relaxed and welcoming space with smart but comfortable décor – ideal for dinner with friends, family or clients. The menus, put together by award-winning chef john ranfield, feature top-quality, seasonal ingredients, with all seafood sourced from London’s Billingsgate Market. With an a la carte, prix fixe, and light lunch menu on offer, there is something for everyone.
Reviewed 24 June 2015

I have visited here previously when it was Baumanns Brasserie, now renamed Ranfield's Brasserie I was expecting the same as before. Indeed the restaurant décor has not changed and even the menu's written style is the same but there is something different about it this time. The food before was good, now it is excellent.

I took my mother here for a lunch to celebrate her 70th birthday using a special offer voucher which entitled us to a 3 course meal and a glass of Prosecco. We were both able to select something tempting from each section of the menu, having some hard decisions to narrow it down. We settled for Thai dipping prawns for Mum and mackerel with pesto for me as starters. Oh the were both so divine!
For main course Mum had the venison with fig and beetroot, whilst I had Salmon in a lobster bisque. Once again both were cooked to absolute perfection and the flavours of each ingredient together worked very well.
For dessert there was no real contest the bourbon soaked pecan crème brulee won both of us over. It was a fabulous choice. The crème brulee was magnificent as was the brandy snap tulle that came with it with just a hint if mint.

Overall this was one of the best meals I have ever had. The staff were friendly and efficient. There was no rush but no long delays.

I used a voucher for this meal but would I have been happy to pay the full price? You bet I would. Ranfield's has won me over where Baumanns did not!

I highly recommend this restaurant if you want good food well cooked and are up for something a little different.

5  Thank DCull

Reviewed 22 June 2015

Came for my Dads birthday with a table of 12 and we couldnt fault anything. Easily the best resturant in the area, if not in Essex!

3  Thank alicehb2015
Reviewed 20 June 2015

Had a really lovely 50th birthday lunch for 34 people. The setting, staff, food and atmosphere were excellent in this hidden gem of a restaurant. A very special day in a very special restaurant.

3  Thank Mike R
Reviewed 19 June 2015 via mobile

I like this place.We did wait a long time for our mains.There were 6 of us but a table of 4 came in after us and got theirs long before.The lamb was very tasty but overcooked I felt as if it hadn't been hand finished there and then more roasted previously.

Nice atmosphere.Good food

3  Thank Evertonian70
Reviewed 17 June 2015 via mobile

Got the order wrong,
Food not cooked to required taste, ordered medium rare and came over cooked.
Service was awful, had to flag down staff.
Food ok but not anything special, especially for the price

4  Thank n1ckyp