“Excellent coffee and scones”

Porters Coffee Shop
Ranked #2 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Helmsley
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

After parking the car in a parking lot near to the castle, we were recommended to this coffee shop and it was a very pleasant experience. I had delicious coffee and a delicious scone that was served with jam and clotted cream.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Back again after not visiting for a while but it is still a brilliant cafe. The food is fab, the desserts to die for especially the lemon meringue! If you are anywhere near Helmsley then you must call in! Oh yes, and the staff are lovely too.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

It's not the first time I popped in to Porter's for lunch.
This time, when I was looking at sandwiches wondering if I was actually hungry, a very friendly man (possibly an owner?) came to me, explaining how the sandwiches are served, and mentioning the cakes and brews available.
I got a cheese and tomato panini. I didn't have to wait long, and the food was served proper hot, with two salads. After I have finished the table was cleaned immediately.
Since there is not much more to say, I will just leave it with, usual, 5 out of 5 :)

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

We are regular visitors to this area and always coffee here. Friendly staff; good location; nice outside area which really captures the sun (when it shines) and best of all lovely coffee. Really value for money. Go yourself and find out.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

My wife's choice of cheese scone & butter did not her please at all. It was too hard & solid for her liking & she left most of it untouched. My choice of a BLT sandwich was a delight as, unknown to me when I selected it, the plate was covered in salad & potato salad.