“Scones to die for”

Price range: US$6 - US$13
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 1 April 2018

My wife and I stopped here after a long walk in area and it was such a delight! We arrived and were seated immediately. Since we did just finish a long walk and were very hungry we had a slice of quiche, a small pork pie, and soup. To finish, my wife got a slice of chocolate cake, ice cream and we each had a scone! The scones were by far the best we've had on the trip much tastier than Betty's!

1  Thank Andrew W
berrys186, Manager at Berry's at The Wensleydale Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

What a review! Better than Betty's is not something to be sniffed at is it?

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

I organised a tour I the dales for members of my car club, with a stop for lunch at Berry's farm shop. Originally booked for 13 at 2.00, things changed quickly and we arrived at one thirty with 18 people. The satff were totally unfazed, an within a short time, as customers left, we were installed on a group of tables in line, drinks orders taken and supplied, quickly followed by food orders. The food was great, fresh and of good quality. Many small businesses would not have coped, but Mandy and her team just were so professional, handling the changing numbers with a bemused smile on occasions, but always with a smile. My visitors all complemented them, and the super food, ranging from soup, through sandwiches to Sunday lunch or ham and eggs.
The staff and food helped to make our day even more pleasant than it already had been, and we all left in high spirits, vowing to return next time we were in the area.
11 out of 10 is my rating.
Howard Walker

1  Thank Hwalker2

Howard,

You certainly challenged our wonderful little team that day!
We have to be flexible in this industry and accommodate changes at the drop of a hat, certainly no point in getting stressed about any of it :-)
We are so glad that you all enjoyed your lunch on what turned out to be one of our busiest Sundays this year so far

Many Thanks

Mandy

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

My partner and I stopped off for lunch with our 5 month old little boy and I’m so glad we did. The staff were all very friendly and chatty and the food was delicious! We only had sandwiches on this visit but they were stunning, lashings of beautifully cooked roast beef on thick cut sliced bread with a lovely little salad and crisps, we also had a prawn sandwich which was nice but nowhere near as good as the beef.
The portion of chips were proper thick cut chips.
Lovely little shop ( we purchased a sheep) and good baby changing facilities.
We shall return.

2  Thank Hemingbrough-al

We are so glad that you decided to stop off for lunch too.
Was a pleasure looking after you all

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

We usually have lunch in Hawes but today decided to get something on the road from Leyburn and saw the sign for this place which is a lovely modern cafe, deli and shop set on a working farm. They have a quite extensive menu from which I had a first rate cheese ploughman's which not only had a lovely selection of cheese but had a fabulous apple that was beautifully and artistically sliced and served with delicious chutney, salad and bread. My wife had an excellent jacket potato. Will definitely come here again.

1  Thank sheepygold

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review!
So lovely to hear when people thoroughly enjoy their visits

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Enjoyable lunch plenty of room and tables. Just had a sandwich and dessert but both very filling. Coffee great. Also goof for kids.

1  Thank fizanon