“Truly Scrumptious Afternoon Tea”
Review of The Butterfly

The Butterfly
Reviewed 6 June 2017

My friend kindly treated me to an afternoon tea at Butterfly and I was amazed by the quantity of delicious home made goodies on offer. The sandwiches were generously filled and very flavoursome, the home made scones delicious and the chocolate cake and tray bakes mouthwatering. It was a real treat. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

My first visit to this cafe went really well. I thoroughly enjoyed their coffee and carrot cake and the staff were pleasant. However, on my second visit this week I was shocked by the bad manners of one particular staff member.
I will not go into details, other than to say another customer informed me of this member of staff's grumbling.
In addition to this, I feel the cafe should leave their cleaning routine until they shut their doors.
Thankfully, there are many other establishments in Magherafelt that I can take my custom to.

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

I met a friend here last Monday morning. We had both travelled to Magherafelt from different directions and wanted to find somewhere to have a light snack, relax and catch-up.

The Butterfly was the perfect place. We ordered latte (in a mug) and an amazing fruit scone for me, and scrambled eggs on brown toast with a pot of tea for my friend.
All of our food was served to us at our table, and everything was delicious.

The cafe layout offered something for everyone, with standard height seating and tables, as well as more relaxed and very comfy lower level seating.

We were sipping our drinks and chatting for almost two hours, but we were not made to feel pressured to leave.

An absolutely lovely place, and one I will certainly revisit.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

Lovely cup of tea. Staff very friendly. Great choice of tray bakes and cakes. Great atmosphere. Easily accessible as car park beside building.

Reviewed 30 September 2016

Lunch and Coffee
Met my mates for coffee, lunch and a gossip
We enjoyed all our food and our coffee down to the last sip