“Best lobster around.”
Review of Ryer Lobsters

Ryer Lobsters
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ryer's Retail store is situated on the shore of St. Margaret's Bay. Offering fresh Live only Nova Scotia Lobsters, mussels and oysters.We are open daily from 10:00am until 5:00pm Closed on Wednesday's
Reviewed 16 August 2017

We have never had any problems with food or staff, and if you have I woud be suspect of your story. I think the govt of NS is clamping down in this establishment because of some jealous competitors. They should be allowed to still cook on site, just do not let people eat on the premises. There is a lovey park down the road. We should be able to get them cooked and then take them home. Just another point of govt stepping into a good thing and punishing everyone.also, this is not a restaurant

1  Thank debi p

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Stopped by Ryers today with a carload of hungry people and also wanting to take away 10 premium lobsters. The lady in front was incredibly rude and when I asked the per pound price, she could barely exert the effort to gesture to the sign on the wall to tell me I can read the price myself. There are literally dozens of places you can buy the exact same lobster (and their price was $1.80 more per pound than the others) so why would anyone tolerate such rude service? Have already told my whole family never to go to Ryers and will be sure to continue to do so. Three generations of my family grew up around this area so they lost a lot of business.

4  Thank den r
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Three years ago my sweet heart and I visited Peggy's Cove. By chance we asked where we could get an authentic, fresh cooked lobster dinner. The attendant at the visitors/tourist kiosk suggested Ryer's Retail. Just a kilometre or so down the road from Peggy's Cove we came upon what looked like a garage. Inside we met this delightful couple who showed us the different pens where they kept their live lobsters, by weight. We picked our lobsters of choice, sat down at a picnic table and waited as the owner started the steaming process. She wasn't happy that we would have to wait twenty minutes for our lobster to cook so she whipped up some fresh mussels for us. The lobster was then served with corn and drawn butter. OMG. I came to Nova Scotia for just this kind of experience and Ryer's made it happen. If you like lobster and you are near Peggy's cove I implore you to go to Ryer's. BUT- As I have been reading from my Trip Advisor compatriots you should call first to be sure that they are open for dining in. Some times they are retail only, which means cash and carry.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

This is a hidden gem we found back in 2014 and we are now returning this September to eat more Lobster. The atmoshere is wonderful but the lobster is to die for at a great price. Can't wait!

Ryer R, Manager at Ryer Lobsters, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Good afternoon
Thank you for thinking about your experience at Ryer Lobster's Retail Store. As of 4 weeks ago we are not permitted to cook lobsters on site here at Ryer's. We have been told by the government of the Nova Scotia that we require a reclassification from retail store to food establishment .

Regards
Dave H

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Heard raving reviews of Ryer's having the best lobster and was really looking for an authentic Nova Scotia experience but can up empty handed. My wife and I stopped for lunch to find out the lobster is take home only which is a problem seeing as we have no way of cooking the lobster in a hotel room. I can't speak to the quality of the lobsters as we didn't have an opportunity to try them.

1  Thank LindsayTom