“Terrible for vegetarians and rude waitress”
Review of Springs Deli Cafe

Springs Deli Cafe
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This place has recently changed the name to the roast or something but is in the same location. We ate here for breakfast on the Saturday over easter weekend and were served by a very rude waitress (German accent with glasses). I got the smashed avo which included bacon and I asked if I could swap this for tomato as the extras for tamato cost less than bacon. The waitress agreed but then proceeded to charge me more. I was really annoyed by this as it's unfair and not very flexible for customers who don't eat meat. It's a shame, but I would not eat here again until they resolve the above problem. Luckily there are a lot of other cafe options for breakfast now in hamner.

3  Thank CJM324

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We decided to eat here as it was centrally located adjacent to a popular bar. As we were the only couple at the time it appeared that the waitress was annoyed that she actually had to work. We were told what specials were available but the tone of her voice supported by the lack of a smile or any expression made us feel we were imposing on her. With the prices displayed being rather high we decided on the cheaper option of a large pizza costing $22. I assured the wife that at that price it was going to be " some pizza". Boy, were we disappointed, what arrived was a pizza equal to the standard Dominoes $5 deal. I believe they trade under the name "The Roasted Bean" but the only thing roasted here is the customers wallet.

2  Thank johnY7566XH
Reviewed 17 September 2017

This place has the best breakfast, always recommend to people when they go to Hanmer, it has had a name change but still the same great food!! Pizza at night is really good as well.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Arrived for a late business lunch. Staff friendly and accommodating. Chose our seats outside as the sun was shining. Menu has some great options and reasonably priced. You order at the counter and our food arrived within 15 minutes. Food was very tasty and presented well. Couldn't fault this place. Small tip - now named The Roasted Bean.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

I would go here again for coffee ONLY. Paying something like $22 for a big breakfast you'd expect something yum! Bacon was literally undercooked, eggs were rubbery and was overall such a bland basic breakfast. Waffles were to hard to eat and when we told staff we just got a shrug and an 'OK'. I don't like posting bad reviews but this was necessary.