“Burger ”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Good burger Lovely Waitress Nice atmosphere sauce for salad and burger is same but tastes good and fresh. Recommendable If u like a classic hamburger good value for money

Reviewed 8 January 2017

I visited The Filling Station recently (2nd) after having made a reservation some days before for 5 people when we were shown to the table it was a booth for 4 with an extra chair placed at the end in the walkway between the tables. I told the staff that I was not happy with the table as it would prove to be to small for my party, we were taken back to the bar whilst they tried to sort out a different table for us but was told that we may have to wait a while as the were very busy. when checking in I noticed that my booking was the first in the book? when we were shown to our table it was to a table laid for 8 which was empty when we arrived?

We ordered drinks with me asking for a beer, it came in a bottle with no glass i know that it is considered "Trendy" to drink from the bottle but as a 74 year old gentleman i would have thought that I would have been offered one especially in a Restaurant.

We decided as we had been told that the portions were quite large, only to order four first courses that we would share, which we told the Waiter, when the starters were served we had to ask for plates to accommodate our wish to share, they then brought us 4 plates? finally bringing an extra one when asked after a few minutes had passed?

I ordered a bottle of Red wine from their Menu which proclaimed that the wines were from their Californian Vineyards you can imagine my disappointment to be served a bottle of French wine?

When the Main courses were served they were all thoroughly enjoyed with the exception of the "Fries" which were completely dry and very hard and hollow we left all five bowls of them including the "Cheesefries" without comment from the waiting staff. I noticed that we were not alone with regards to the chips as most of the plate from other tables when cleared had the "Fries" left on them. I appreciate that a lot of establishments do the fries in a combo oven of some sorts now, but these were completely overcooked, anyway to me, a "FRY is a Fry is a Fry and needs to see some sort of oil after blanching.

To my way of thinking when the word fries was looked up in the Dictionary it stated Chips and that was taken as chips of wood not potatoes.

Sorry to go on but the "Fries" spoil what otherwise would have been a very enjoyable evening.even with the foregoing.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

We had not been for a while but it was good to be back at the Filling Station for some dinner. Friendly staff, we had an early dinner on a week day and service was good and quick. We were with a small group and our different ordered dishes made it relatively quick to the table. Fresh food, nicely presented, good value for money.

Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

I have stopped in this restaurant as I was just arriving in the area and he hotel owner where I was sleeping suggested me to try this place.
Berger is good, fries are also nice, the salad is nothing special. I haven't tried the nachos or similar.

Reviewed 11 September 2016

best hamburgers in the area, you ave to reserve in front or just have lucky to have some space.
it's all american food, interiour is very nice and service very good