“Decent hotel in Bunde”

Parkhotel Sonnenhaus
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Herford
Parkhotel Sonnenhaus
Ranked #3 of 4 Herford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 November 2015

This is my second visit to this hotel in 18 months. Nothing much has changed. I would still recommend this hotel to business travellers. Rooms are nice and spacious. Breakfast is the usual european fare.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank Tejash_M

Reviewed 29 October 2015

Despite a very helpful, willing and cheery staff, and a nice restaurant (best schweinschnitzel I've eaten in quite some time) the property itself left a bit to be desired. The single rooms are small, though visibly clean. I say visibly, because myself and one other colleague did notice something in the air, akin to mold or mildew. In fact I had to change from the first room I was given as the smell of mold and mildew was bad. Also, making one's way to this block of rooms (I had 220) after hours (22:00 is a bit too early to close a bar and restaurant in my book) is tricky, and meant entering through a door on the side of the building, instead of the normal, main entrance. Certainly, on the list of things in life to complain about it's not that high up, but a nuisance, nevertheless. So, all in all, just average. I'd put the rooms at a 2 star level. The staff at a fun 4 star level, and all else at a 3.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2015

I have given a rating of one circle because at least one of the receptionist and the cleaners were pleasant and polite. The other receptionists would not even make eye contact and were very unhelpful. Breakfast finished at 10.00, but by 9.00, the scrambled and boiled eggs was cold. There was no coffee or or hot water for tea on most days. We never ate there as breakfast was so bad.
We were only able to use the pool once as all the other times we were around it was being used by other groups.
I am sure there are better and cheaper hotel in Bunde.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Friendly, located in very green area and clean rooms. Simple service and reasonable price. Very nice breakfast. I would install air conditions in the room. Bed is quite big. I reccomend it if you are sround this srea!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Its a fairly standard German hotel with clean rooms, comfortable beds and functional toilets. The rooms though are relatively larger than what you get in big cities. Breakfast spread can be a bit better. City centre is a 5 minute walk from the Hotel with several options for dining. Overall a decent place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the upper level. Rooms at the lower level have blocked views.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business