Hotel Hansa(Herford)
  • Bar/Lounge
Agoda.com
Adler-Haus(Herford)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 February 2016

The hotel is exactly what you might expect in rural Germany, clean, functional and pretty quiet. Room was very clean but be very careful with the see through curtains unless you want the passing world to see you in various states of undress.

That was the only thing that let the room down - paper thin curtains, otherwise fine and a good bathroom.

Restaurant was how others have described it. Good German fare. The No1 burger is quite excellent and the staff were very friendly, all except the ladies on reception in the morning - someone had definitely pissed on their chips and didn't we know it!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms where people might be walking past
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 January 2016

Stayed for a night while i was on a business trip. Both dinner at restaurant and breakfast early morning were great. Food in the restaurant was of high quality and service was very friendly. Only problem i had was the only curtain available in my room which was partially transparent so at night one could easily see inside the room from outside .

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 November 2015

This is my second visit to this hotel in 18 months. Nothing much has changed. I would still recommend this hotel to business travellers. Rooms are nice and spacious. Breakfast is the usual european fare.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank Tejash_M
Reviewed 29 October 2015

Despite a very helpful, willing and cheery staff, and a nice restaurant (best schweinschnitzel I've eaten in quite some time) the property itself left a bit to be desired. The single rooms are small, though visibly clean. I say visibly, because myself and one other colleague did notice something in the air, akin to mold or mildew. In fact I had to change from the first room I was given as the smell of mold and mildew was bad. Also, making one's way to this block of rooms (I had 220) after hours (22:00 is a bit too early to close a bar and restaurant in my book) is tricky, and meant entering through a door on the side of the building, instead of the normal, main entrance. Certainly, on the list of things in life to complain about it's not that high up, but a nuisance, nevertheless. So, all in all, just average. I'd put the rooms at a 2 star level. The staff at a fun 4 star level, and all else at a 3.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2015

I have given a rating of one circle because at least one of the receptionist and the cleaners were pleasant and polite. The other receptionists would not even make eye contact and were very unhelpful. Breakfast finished at 10.00, but by 9.00, the scrambled and boiled eggs was cold. There was no coffee or or hot water for tea on most days. We never ate there as breakfast was so bad.
We were only able to use the pool once as all the other times we were around it was being used by other groups.
I am sure there are better and cheaper hotel in Bunde.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends