All reviewspool areasaladtrain stationacross the roadbar staffplenty of choicegrand prixsan miguelsea viewfishgreat showerhalf boardchef cookingall inclusive optionchocolate fountaincooked breakfastgreat holiday
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

We had a fabulous holiday at Alegria Maripins hotel. Many thanks to the Happy Team - Pepa, Anastasia and Sylvana - the ladies work very hard and my daughter loved it! The hotel staff are very friendly and the hotel was always clean and tidy. We felt very at home as the bar staff especially all had time for us. This was a great option for our small family of 3 however I would not perhaps recommend for large groups. The small hotel and pool was perfect for us. We will be visiting again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
MaripinsOnline, Gerente at ALEGRIA Maripins, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear Linda T,

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion about ALEGRIA Maripins here on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to learn that you had an amazing experience with us, and I would like to particularly thank you for your kind words towards all of our colleagues.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel is way to big for the facilities offered. The pool is too small, there are not enough sunbeds around the pool area; cannot get a sun bed, covered in towels. Spent little time at the pool due to this.

The restaurant was horrid. Always mega busy, always running out of foods. The tables are all squashed in. Not big enough for the amount of people staying at the hotel. Queueing for a table The food was terrible and so we ate out.
I hated the restaurant, found it stressful, not relaxing and very noisy.
I also stood at the grill, no one in front, waiting for the grill chef to ask for my order, to be ignored. Another guest came up behind me and the grill chef straight away asked him what he would like, looking straight through me; must have been invisible. I said excuse me that I have been waiting. He continued to serve the other guest and a young boy then asked me my order, but served the others first. Hated this, felt like I was begging for cheap, cuts meat. I also felt like the grill chef was laughing at me with the other visitor; put me off eating the food.
Will never book half board again, this hotel has definitely put me off half board holidays.

In the evening there were not enough seats outside to sit, relax and enjoy the entertainment, you had to sit on a sun lounger. The entertainment was not very good either. The waiters were very friendly.

Good point is that the rooms are nice and cleaned very well each day; fresh towels each day. Happy with the room shame about the rest of the hotel.

Would not revisit this hotel. It has never been 4*

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Kerry P

Dear Kerry P,

We regret to learn that your stay did not live up to your expectations.

If you wish to give us another opportunity we will be delighted to welcome you back to ALEGRIA Maripins.

Our team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Booked a few days away with hubby in May hotel was grand room was clean and large shower area but would of liked better entertainment when comparing it to other hotels we have stayed in. We didn’t find the food overly good but may just be our preference I would say typical Spanish hotel buffet nothing exciting we were concerned about how meat was prepared as thought meat hadn’t been cooked properly we ended up eating out after noticing slightly raw food so always cut in and check before eating. Location was just ok it’s a quiet area but did seem a bit run down and a lot of the beach bars had closed down but the beach isn’t a lovely sandy beach and not a beach I would visit luckily it was just a chill out trip for us so stayed mostly at pool or out walking. Staff wasn’t the most friendliest to be fair I wouldn’t return.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer H

Dear Jennifer H,

We regret to learn that your stay did not live up to your expectations.

Our team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

Vwry good clean hotel. Nice beds had a good sleep every night. Friendly staff. Rooms always clean.
Food was decent. But beer was the thing for me san miguel on tap!!! Class pont pots too!!
Not far from beach maybe 5 mins walk.
Walk out of hotel to all shops and food places.
Recomend going here 4th time ive been and booked for next year too!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Damon m
MaripinsOnline, Gerente at ALEGRIA Maripins, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Dear Damon m,

Thank you so much for sharing you opinion in TripAdvisor.

We are so glad to hear those amazing words about our hotel. We are happy you have already been here 4 times! That means a lot to us.

We look forward to welcoming back next year.

Hotel manager

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights on an AI basis at the end of April to the beginning of May.

Check in pretty quick. Stayed in promo room on AI basis. Room was very clean, modern and spacious. Bathroom was great with his and hers sinks with plenty of toiletries, hairdryer, a separate shower cubicle and a bath which also had a shower. Only downside there were no lifts and we were on the top floor.

Food wasn’t necessarily my cup of tea as lots of seafood. Had pizza one day sure it had anchovies on it. Not keen. Breakfast usual standard fare that you get when you go abroad so not keen on the bacon or sausages. Drinks were quite decent and also quite strong.

Just basically went to relax so even though you could get the train to Barcelona across the road didn’t really bother as we were only staying a few nights. Just walked round the shops and visited several bars.

Overall a nice quiet stay as it’s not over busy like Lloret. Just what we needed at that point.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert H

Dear Robert H,

Thank you for sharing your opinion in TripAdvisor.
We are glad you had a good relaxing time with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Anke Roura,