“These guys know their cakes!”

The Big Chill Cakery
Ranked #4 of 23 Dessert in Noida
Reviewed 1 December 2016

There are many cake-and-coffee shops scattered across Mall of India, several of them on the ground floor itself. Most of these specialize in coffee, with sandwiches, cakes, muffins, etc on the side, not a focal element. The Big Chill Cakery is different: its coffee and tea offerings are limited and none too exciting, but its cakes, from what I sampled, are worth every paisa they cost.

This is a pretty little place, warmly lit with yellow lighting, the walls papered in a pleasant design of gardens, with birds and flowers and vines. Well-illuminated display counters hold an array of goodies: lots of different types of cupcakes, croissants, biscuits, breads, pies, tarts—and, in the centre, cakes. The cakes are the ones that really drew my attention, since this was what I wanted to have with my coffee. The variety on display is fabulous, with everything from red velvet cake to carrot cake, to different types of chocolate cakes, Bavarian cakes, and more.

There are two seating areas here: one is inside, just beside the display and order counters. The other is outside, separated from the outside (which is the main corridor of the mall) by a railing. The area inside seemed more crowded and busy, so I chose a table outside. I couldn’t see a menu around, though to be honest, I hadn’t even asked for one (since I had checked out the display counter and decided what I wanted to have). The waiter took my order—a summer fruit Bavarian cake and a cappuccino—and told me that I’d need to pay upfront, so should he get my bill? This was done within moments, and my order arrived.

The cappuccino was no great shakes, but the summer fruit Bavarian simply blew me away. I have never had such a perfect Bavarian in Delhi: velvety smooth, fine-textured, soft, and brilliant. The cream, dotted with enticing little flecks of vanilla, was fresh as can be, and mixed into it were a medley of summer fruits—I could identify blueberries and plums, though there were others too. Sweet, tart, fresh, and absolutely yummy.

I was later joined by my toddler and my husband, who also ordered a cappuccino and a cake—an orange chocolate one from which I had a taste. This was more a mousse than a cake, with a nice orangey tang to the milk chocolate base. I’m not a fan of milk chocolate, so while I liked this cake, I didn’t go as gaga over it as I had over my own dessert.

Average cost for a coffee and a wedge of cake (my wedge of Bavarian was huge) is between Rs 450-550, inclusive of all taxes and service charges. As I mentioned, the cakes are excellent. The service, too, I found surprisingly good: pleasant, efficient wait staff who are observant and quick, and very polite.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

Had a lovely evening over coffee at the big chill cakery in DLF Mall of India Noida. Located just opposite Zara store infront of the escalator the cute set up is inviting enough to ring bells for cake walk while you are crossing this place.

We visited the place after having a business lunch therefore we went for a treat to our sweet tooth precisely desserts. Since we liked the ambience and the music therefore we decided to sit down for post lunch coffee.While they had cappuccino as an option in hot coffee , in cold coffee we have to choose for Coffee shake. If you have a taste for CCD's and costas then you ll feel this is a lighter version of that coffee. While coffee shake is a complete drink in itself with an amazingly thick shake that is perfectly blended with ice , ice cream and coffee consistent till the last sip, probably a little over sweet if you are counting on calories.so rule out this option in case you are not looking for something really sweet.

Basis the timing , priority and your food choices you may decide upon your order.At this place they serve coffee , shakes with a proper lunch with option of salads, pizza , sandwiches to choose from.

While you can also opt for healthy yogurt , and if you are looking for cakes and bakes from cup cakes to tarts to pasteries to cakes and fusion bakes they have it all and everything is displayed so well across the store that you would definitely be tempted to try your hands on these delicacies beyond words.