“One of the best place in Una!”
Review of Pipels House

Pipels House
Ranked #81 of 149 Unawatuna B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 May 2015

Such a wonderful place with cozy rooms and friendly staff. Good value for the price and quality. WiFi was a bit slow. But the most important and the best thing was restaurant on the ground floor. Only in Pipels they make such a delicious watermelon juice! Try it and you won`t regret! I will defenitely come back

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank iris_kchr

Reviewed 29 April 2015

I enjoyed high speed wi-fi, friendly stuff, delicious food, comfortable rooms and cosy rest areas. There is a small Buddhist Temple not far from there. Unawatuna Beach is only 5-7 minutes walking. I love time spent in Piples House.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Irina N
Reviewed 29 April 2015

I have stayed in Pipels House for 5 days and I felt really welcome there. I was travelling alone and I was glad to get to know the owner Nilantha by other backpackers. He took care of me and arranged different trips to get to know the country. I also got some teaching lessons in cooking Rice and Curry :-) but I also liked the other food that the little restaurant offers.
I had a huge bed, airconditioning, a big bathroom and my own private terrace, that I really enjoyed. It takes a short walk to the beach. I have seen some parts of the westcoast but for me, Unawatuna was the nicest and safest place for a single travelling woman. I have definitely recharged my battery while staying there.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Pia D
Reviewed 5 January 2015 via mobile

After 4 weeks in Sri Lanka Pipels House was probably the worst guesthouse we stayed at. We had booked the family room for 4 nights. When we arrived at Pipels House the room looked as it was not cleaned. Lots of dirt on the floor and it had definitly not been washed for a long time. The mirror in the bathroom was not clean but had toothpaste here and there. The pillowcases had also lots of stains and looked like they were used. Thus, we had to ask them to changed them. For $ 120 per night this was very expensive compared to what they deliver.

Stayed: January 2015
Reviewed 12 November 2014

We stayed in a tiny, little room on the 1.floor. The bed is so hard it's ridiculous - there aren't any springs, just wood boards. The mosquito net was full of holes and served no purpose. The sink in the bathroom was almost completely clogged, the toilet didn't flush properly.
It was only 2500 per night, but even that seemed to much.

Several others have commented on how nice the people working here are. I am sure they are - we were out all day and didn't talk to them much. Maybe stay someplace else and hang out in the café instead?

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple