Pipels House
US$100
US$55
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$62/night.

CoCo Bay Unawatuna(Unawatuna)
US$81
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$104/night.

US$71
US$51
US$80
US$65
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$92/night.

US$69
US$43
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$64/night.

US$210
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 April 2015

I enjoyed high speed wi-fi, friendly stuff, delicious food, comfortable rooms and cosy rest areas. There is a small Buddhist Temple not far from there. Unawatuna Beach is only 5-7 minutes walking. I love time spent in Piples House.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Irina N
Reviewed 29 April 2015

I have stayed in Pipels House for 5 days and I felt really welcome there. I was travelling alone and I was glad to get to know the owner Nilantha by other backpackers. He took care of me and arranged different trips to get to know the country. I also got some teaching lessons in cooking Rice and Curry :-) but I also liked the other food that the little restaurant offers.
I had a huge bed, airconditioning, a big bathroom and my own private terrace, that I really enjoyed. It takes a short walk to the beach. I have seen some parts of the westcoast but for me, Unawatuna was the nicest and safest place for a single travelling woman. I have definitely recharged my battery while staying there.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Pia D
Reviewed 5 January 2015 via mobile

After 4 weeks in Sri Lanka Pipels House was probably the worst guesthouse we stayed at. We had booked the family room for 4 nights. When we arrived at Pipels House the room looked as it was not cleaned. Lots of dirt on the floor and it had definitly not been washed for a long time. The mirror in the bathroom was not clean but had toothpaste here and there. The pillowcases had also lots of stains and looked like they were used. Thus, we had to ask them to changed them. For $ 120 per night this was very expensive compared to what they deliver.

Stayed: January 2015
Reviewed 12 November 2014

We stayed in a tiny, little room on the 1.floor. The bed is so hard it's ridiculous - there aren't any springs, just wood boards. The mosquito net was full of holes and served no purpose. The sink in the bathroom was almost completely clogged, the toilet didn't flush properly.
It was only 2500 per night, but even that seemed to much.

Several others have commented on how nice the people working here are. I am sure they are - we were out all day and didn't talk to them much. Maybe stay someplace else and hang out in the café instead?

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2014

Wow. Our 5 night stay at Pipels Guesthouse really topped our trip to Sri Lanka. We had the most incredible time hanging out with Nilantha and Suresh playing card games, trying Shisha and drinking beautiful homegrown passionfruit juice!

Our room was the little room on the 2nd floor, we loved it. Very clean and simple, looks almost new. Just what we needed and for such a fair price. This was the best service we had in any of the places we stayed in our two months in Sri Lanka, we had great conversations, lots of helpful tips about Unawatuna, an awesome time watching Suresh make ridiculously delicious pumpkin soup in the kitchen, and yummy avocado wraps!

I can't even explain the warmth and kindness of Nilantha and how welcome we felt the whole time we were staying there. It's the perfect place to stay if you're up for somewhere amazing, quiet, cosy and clean!

Don't miss out on a room at Pipel's! They book out!!

Room Tip: The top floor is incredible!
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple