This was my fourth trip to Sri Lanka and wonderful to be back on the South West coast enjoying the best of Sri Lankan hospitality and the Indian Ocean breeze. The Frangipani Tree is a beautiful small 9 bedroomed hotel that you could almost call a large villa given its size and setting. It suited us perfectly for our get together for a friends wedding there and with families coming in from all corners of the world we pretty much had the place to ourselves which made for a very special experience. Beautiful setting, good spacious rooms with nice attentive service. Food was good rather than great but be warned of a very limited wine selection. No problems with beer and spirits but if you like a chilled glass of rose with lunch then bring your own.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spend Time with Sea Turtles and Sparrows who visit this beautiful property Set on an improbable juxtaposition of simplicity and luxury overlooking the turquoise Indian Ocean. The Frangipani Tree is sun, sand, trees, culinary, sensuous and spiritual indulgences among Intimate, Exclusive and Elegant surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Frangipani Tree by Edwards Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Frangipani Tree Hotel Unawatuna
- Frangipani Tree Galle
- Frangipani Tree Hotel Galle