We stayed for 3 nights after touring for 10 days. It was always our plan to spend 3 nights on the coast for some relaxation, and this place did not disappoint. As with all of Sri Lanka, the staff are very welcoming and attentive. We had lovely food and the cocktails were the best we had in Sri Lanka.
The views are stunning and waking up to the sound of the ocean is delightful. We liked the privacy of the villas, but the bar/dining area allows you to meet other guests.
We ventured to Unawatuna beach, which is lovely but enjoyed coming back to the peaceful setting at Frangipani Tree.
My only negative comment would be that the menus are in US dollars and I am not sure why this is the case. We didn't come across this anywhere else and we were used to paying in Rupees. The use of dollars confused us in terms of what things were costing. The final bill is in rupees. I am just not sure on the reason behind this.
Overall though, a very enjoyable stay,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spend Time with Sea Turtles and Sparrows who visit this beautiful property Set on an improbable juxtaposition of simplicity and luxury overlooking the turquoise Indian Ocean. The Frangipani Tree is sun, sand, trees, culinary, sensuous and spiritual indulgences among Intimate, Exclusive and Elegant surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Frangipani Tree by Edwards Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Frangipani Tree Hotel Unawatuna
- Frangipani Tree Galle
- Frangipani Tree Hotel Galle