“Lunch first stop of our Holiday”
Review of Le Pagnol - CLOSED

Le Pagnol
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Everything you expect when you come to France and eat at typical little French cafe, as a random turn off the main road.

The food was bloody lovely!!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

La Pagnol is in the main square of Trans en Provence. It does have fairly random evening opening hours so we only managed to eat here once during our trip, which was a real pity as the food was excellent. We ignored the a la carte and went for the recommendations, which initially looked quite pricey, but what you get is a really well put together plate of food. My husband had lamb chops, which came with veg, a salad wrap, a spicy sauce and two our three other elements. I had a melted camembert, which again came with lots of accompaniments - salami, cornichons, potatoes, salad, bread, etc etc. I couldn't finish it or fault it. Some of the service was a bit sticky but that's because our high-school French is really bad! Patience and a bit of miming saved the day.

Oh and I think this is one of the only places we went to that didn't just have nuggets or hamburgers on the children's menu, JuniorJoey had a lovely piece of grilled salmon with potatoes and salad, which was very much appreciated.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I ordered what I thought would be beautiful gambas (king prawns) to start, they appeared to have been prepared earlier and frozen, instead of being succulent, meaty and juicy, they were reduced to something I had to send back to the kitchen. I tried one to be brave (I like good food and will try anything) but it was too much for me, they were in fact terrible.

The waiter didn't apologise, just asked if I wanted anything else. I declined.

Then the main, we both had duck, which could have been quite nice except it was presented with a cassis and Porto jus which, due to its quantity pretty much ruined the duck.

We left feeling robbed.

It was like a comedy, we chose to sit under cover to avoid the few Mosquitos and to have a smoke free atmosphere, only to find that the waiter invited the table next to us to spark up (yes inside - they were as surprised as we were!)

Looking at what others were being served, we were not just being fussy.

Won't be going back and certainly would not recommend....

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Bordering the water, this restaurant offers traditional food at its best. The food was fresh and delicious. A must try is their planche of a variety of seafood which was overwhelming in quantity. The waitstaff was friendly but overworked at times.

Reviewed 19 August 2012

This is a really nice restaurant in Trans-en-Provence. Can recommend the place.Try the triple fish dish. This was really good.

1  Thank Tine1966