Hotel de la Vallee de L'arc
  • Pool
Hotel Occitan(La Destrousse)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Ibis Budget Saint-Maximin la Sainte Baume(Saint-Maximin-la-Sainte-Baume)
View Hotel
Mas de la Bertrande(Beaurecueil)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 May 2017

Fantastic old style hotel in the town center. Very comfortable with basic amenities. Service from reception staff was great and very helpful. Lots of shops and restaurants in a small village town. Would recommend staying if visiting Tret.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel with my husband attending a friends wedding.
As often happens with weddings, many of the guests happened to be staying in this hotel - the only one available in Trets - and many did not know each other beforehand but spent a lot of time together over 4 days.
We were notified before arrival that there would be no one on reception to check us in, which was fine. We were also given the WiFi code but not told which account was the hotels. There is no bar in the hotel, and breakfast is cheaper down the road in any cafe or boulangerie.
The room on first glance was basic but as we wouldn't be in it much that was fine. We just needed a place to sleep, shower and get changed. The room information is given in French only on the back of the door. I asked the next day about paying and was told it would be taken care of when leaving.
That morning we had showers. I nearly soaked the bathroom as the shower would not stay in one spot and the temperature would not stay consistent.
After going down the town to have breakfast we saw our friends in the hotel breakfast room. Within seconds of sitting down we were asked to leave if we were not eating even though 3/4 of the room was empty. We went without causing a fuss feeling embarrassed at how we had been spoken to.
We could not turn off the air conditioner in the room.
As happens, we met other guests of the wedding later that day and agreed to have a few drinks together in one of the rooms before going out to meet the bride and groom. We asked the hotel to arrange cabs for us, needing two to transport everyone. The first cab was easy. When we enquired about the second after another half an hour we were ignored.
The following day was the wedding and almost all guests attending the wedding arrived back to their rooms to find notes on pillows about their behaviour and how disappointed they were.
I had lost our key the night of the wedding and had to contact the proprietor, who understandably didn't like being woken in the middle of the night.
I was woken on the Sunday morning by the phone in our room ringing repeatedly and when answered the proprietor demanded that we go down with our credit card details as she had tried my card and it was declined. I tried to point out that the room was booked in January and in the past 8 months I had gotten a new card and that I was happy to pay the balance due there and then. I was spoken to like I was a naughty child.
A couple of hours later I found out they had called most of the Irish guests at the hotel looking for cards and anyone who didn't have one had to leave their passport with them.
Later that day I sent a text as there was no one on reception to see how I would get another room key. I was told to find the one I lost, there would not be another.
I can understand being annoyed about replacing a room key, but our only option at that point was staying in the room for two days or leave it unlocked. We chose the latter after moving valuables to a friends room.
the following day a friend notified us that the hotel had taken the payment from their account the day before and to be aware of it when going to pay the next day.
On check out the hotel tried to deny taking the money, saying they only checked that the money was there to take. However, the other couple with us had been advised by their bank not to pay any more money to the hotel. The hotel would not listen when told that they had taken the money already and only after being put on the phone to the bank the proprietors admitted it was the first time they had done this and that they would cancel the authorisations but then were told the money would take another 5 to 10 working days to reach accounts.
We understand being annoyed about a lost room key or people making noise in the hotel. But we offered to settle the bill in full in cash and leave a credit card for security and were told no, it would be on check out only. To go ahead and charge credit cards without telling people is sneaky, and to then deny that you did it on top of that is wrong. As is charging €50 for a replacement key.
All in all, we feel we were disrespected due to being a large Irish group in a small town.
I'm sure the owners will check my account now as they have done to anyone else who has left a negative review....

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
LA VALLEE D, Propriétaire at Hotel de la Vallee de L'arc, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2016

NiamhGalw...
Good morning Mrs NiamhGalw, Horrible is the word to describe your behavior. Just below the net surfer can read the message write by a guest of the earlier wedding. We receive 50 groups for wedding each year from everywhere on the world and we have never seen it . Just few words : Bottles of alcool left at the entry of the hotel, the customers smoked in the room, vomit in the corridor and in several rooms, the furnitures from the room carry in other one, 2 keys were lost and we were awakened several times during 4 days. We would like to kwow who is « disrespected » ???

Reviewed 15 September 2016

We have rented 11 rooms for the guests of my brothers wedding. Meryl and her husband were extremely helpful,nice and friendly even though we have changed million of times our request and were not sure home many people will finally come. They took very good care of our guests and we can recommend this wonderful hotel from all our hearts.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2016

Lovely little hotel in an old postal relay in the middle of Trets; clean and recently refurbished rooms - ours had a lovely view of the mountains. Lovely breakfast and very helpful and friendly couple who run the hotel. Thank you for a lovely stay!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2016

We stayed one night... Nice little boutique hotel... No parking place in front of hotel... The beds are comfortable and the room was clean... I would recommend the hotel.... The breakfast was good but it had not lots to choose from...

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family