“Amazing tuscan food!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

If you stay in Pienza, do not miss eating at this place! The owner is unfiltered and wonderful. He truly will make your experience memorable. We did try the bean soup (slightly under duress – in a good way) and it was amazing (even though no one in our group really likes beans)! Everything we tasted was flavourful and truly local. Also, try the lardo here – it’s very well done (and yes, we were skeptical too)!! We came in the off-season, and the place was packed with locals. I can imagine it is crazy in the summer as it’s so close to the church, and I would highly recommend waiting for a table! I’ve read some less positive reviews about this place, and I’d like to remind people that servers in Italy are there to serve you food, not to make conversation, so try to keep your North American expectations at home and you will have a wonderful time . The food is worth it!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,277)

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Wow wow wow
“No spaghetti, no pizza “ this is how the owner welcomed us. All the dishes were fantastic super tasty, the owner is a supper lovely and funny. For us it was a WOW dinner

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Myself and my partner went to this restaurant in February and it was absolutely perfect.

Inside is so cosy and intimate. We didn’t have to wait long for a table even though every table was full when we got there. I had the benefit of my partner being Italian but still the owner explained the whole menu to an English family and then recommended dishes to ourselves and believe me... they did not disappoint.

The grilled pecorino and grilled sausage were amazing! The Lardo again was incredible, which was something I had my doubts about trying. The wine again recommended by the owner was a perfect match.

Without repeating the other reviews the owner is brilliant, so welcoming and really makes you feel at home!

It’s a must!!!! We paid the equivalent of £16 each to have starters, mains and wine and it was one of the best meals we had in Tuscany!

1  Thank Becbe22
Reviewed 30 January 2018

The restaurant is small and a reservation must be done in advance! The owner is a typical italian person very friendly. The bean soup has been fantastic and very light with an easy digestion. They have also Bruschette with different sauces. The Pienza Pecorino has also been very very good! The house wine also has been perfect! The dessert ( Cantuccini with Vin Santo ) is also a must!

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

We ordered a few dishes and they were all great. The owner was super friendly and helpful. We had a lot of interaction and even with the customers at the next table. Truly a good place to taste Tuscan cuisine and food culture.

1  Thank raynory