“Delicious”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Great restaurant with typical Italian style. Reservation was made by our hotel and the table was ready on the time. Food was delicious, bout of us got tuna slice steaks. Service was so prompt and very pleasant. Wine list is excellent. The home made ice-cream was perfect. Really great experience.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Our villa owner recommended this restaurant to us for a good meal. Boy, he wasn't kidding. We showed up about 8 o'clock. The place was empty. It had just opened. We had the menu presented to us verbally, and while I was a little hesitant to commit to anything, I found a couple of words I understood and took a chance. There is a meat menu and a fish menu. I had the meat, my companions had the fish. The entire meal was fantastic all the way around. We had a lovely table on the patio and it wasn't long before we weren't alone. The place was packed with happy diners. It was a little spendy, but the quality was worth every penny. If you go and they offer the cheese risotto, order it. I will probably never have a risotto like that again. Amazing.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

While on a 3-day horseback adventure in Tuscany organized by Camelot Sports, we asked our organizer Fabio for some restaurant recommendations. He raved about La Galleria, a spectacular fish restaurant in Poggibonsi. While fish seemed an odd choice at first, it is true that Tuscany actually borders the sea, and chef Michele Targi gets the best the region has to offer. His dishes are refined and sophisticated, yet simple, light and flavorful, allowing the flavor of the ingredients to shine. We shared a variety of crudos, an extraordinary squid pasta, and a delightful fish entree. Poggibonsi as a town (city?) is sort of industrial, and not a major "destination" (although it is on the way from Sienna to San Gimangano, so very easy to get to). So much the better for us: What a pleasure to be in Tuscany and enjoy a spectacular meal among Tuscans, with not a tourist in sight...or earshot. The meal was just perfect! While its location in a dreary mall is not ideal, the food, and warmth of service, more than compensated. We preferred the outdoor covered garden where we sat, but the main dining room was fully booked as well. I understand that in winter Michele makes some great fish and seafood dishes with fresh porcini and other wild mushrooms, as well as fabulous meat dishes. We hope to return one day. So glad that Fabio recommended this, as we never would have found this on our own!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I just had lunch at the Galleria, I travel all over the world and I love food.
I had the most wonderful meal. Raw fish, super fresh and tuna, just grilles a little with grilled vegetables.Wonderfull.
The Nozzole wine, dry and cool was also very good.
This restaurant has been open many years, but I just returned for a visit. Will come again and I recommend it.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Very easy to describe this restaurant - it's just excellent. You are received like very old friends, and feel like that the entire meal. Menu very nicely presented, the meal fantastic. Looking forward to visiting again in September