“Gone downhill”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 April 2018

After having been to Silk Road for many years enjoying the lunchtime menu, this time they have changed the menu to a much limited choice & was told by the waiter with attitude that this was to make people try new things. As far as I’m concerned I’m paying a reasonable amount for my meal I want to choose what I want to eat.

3  Thank wendygeraghty

Reviewed 27 March 2018

For our sins, we tried Silk Road 2 twice. We found the food uninspiring and somewhat old-fashioned. Also the restaurant was a bit cold.

2  Thank Mike P
Reviewed 26 March 2018

I ate here with our Tai Chi group. There were over 30 of us who had pre booked and selected their meals. My husband and I had not booked as we had been away. We were added on to the end of the table with no trouble which was nice. We had chicken skewers and spring rolls. I noticed the chicken was all breast meat. Don't expect the skewers to be as flavoursome as Thai satay. We both had chicken curry and rice which was good. Lovely sweet and crunchy onions, plenty of rice. The meal and plates were very hot which I always think is a positive thing when eating out. We finished with banana fritters which were great crispy and not too sweet. We ate for £10 A head because of being such a large group. If you wanted special rice with main course and ice cream with fritters there was an additional charge which is more than fair. Staff were brilliant and kept us all happy in good time. I would return , even though Chinese food is not my favourite.

1  Thank 97Sue97
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Table so close to wall, unable to pull chairs out to sit. Staff then decided to move tables down room to give better access to another table. Food was average and not very hot, considering we were in at the 12.00 sitting. Female waiting staff we consider to be very RUDE not at all what you would expect. Fruit cocktail dessert consisted mainly of ice but no apology on pointing this out to staff. ALL IN ALL 10 VERY DISAPPOINTED PEOPLE

1  Thank Rodney R
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Visited here on a Saturday night. Restaurant was about half full, but takeaway service was doing a roaring trade.
We were seated at our table and given 5mins or so to choose our drinks which arrived after 5mins or so. We hadn’t finished deciding on food so she came back in another 5mins or so.
We chose the Hors D’oeures and Crispy duck for starters. These were very nice and couldn’t fault them.
For main we had sweet and sour chicken balls, beef in black bean sauce, special fried rice in sauce, satay chicken and house fried noodles, again we couldn’t fault any of these dishes.
A pleasurable dining experience were we weren’t rushed.
We had not eaten here for a long time, but we will be back again soon.