“Good meal”

Ranked #12 of 27 Restaurants in Burscough
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

On entering we were told the place was really closed for meals as it was shortly going to be refurbished. However we were supplied with a menu and told what dishes he could cook for us. A bit hesitant we decided to stay as it was the fourth place we had visited, all the others were closed, having a new oven or only sold snacks. Anyway the meals came it and both were delicious and good value for money. Should be great when the refurbishment is finished!

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

Stopped off for some pub grub after a long family walk on Remembrance Sunday, as we hadn’t been there for over 5 years. The bar area was full of locals with a good atmosphere, but the restaurant only had one party of 8 in it so it looked a little empty.

We were offered a table and ordered drinks, which came quick enough, but the waiter was all over the place and half cut from the night before. He couldn’t even remember what meats were available on the Sunday lunch menu.

We were debating whether to go before we regretted ordering when the only table in restaurant started complaining about their meals. Unfortunately for them, yet fortunately for us, this cemented our decision to go and we duly paid for our drinks and left.

Great location with so much to offer, but so much left to be desired.

2  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

We visited the Bull & Dog for a meal this evening. The restaurant was very busy with Christmas revellers. We had to wait a considerable time for the food to be served which was understandable and not a problem. I ordered the mixed grill which was average to say the least The gamon was very thinly sliced and the Cumberland sausage was missing from the order! My partner ordered the pie which was nice apart from the burnt crust. The waitress was very apologetic over the time it took to serve the food which is only to be expected on such a busy evening the waitress was very pleasant and attentive.

For pudding I ordered bread and butter pudding with custard which was very tasty.
Although I will go to the pub for a drink I doubt that I would eat in the restaurant again.

1  Thank Ray B
Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

Whent with friends for a couple of pre Christmas drinks 6 o'clock ish only two staff on so slow service, whent to the gents, see picture.
Not a pleasant sight and the smell was just as bad. They need to give it a makeover

6  Thank dine with s
Reviewed 29 October 2017

Went here for my Mum's birthday lunch on a Saturday with family. Menu looked good and seemed to be spoilt for choice. Ordered our meals, seemed to take a while to come. The barman came over and said they were out of peas for the sausage and mash and the pie.... offered green beans/mushy peas. Note to staff... there is an Aldi and a Booths one hundred yards away from the pub... might want to pay a visit and keep the customers happy. The mixed grill was lukewarm and the onion rings undercooked; the burgers had all been waiting around a while and were a bit charred; the steak pie was good and hot. Not sure if my Mum was just being nice about the sausage and mash, she said it was fine. We could have complained, but my Mum had been looking forward to going out so didn't want to spoil her day. I think this place has changed hands and needs more work on the food side, don't think I would go again, there are better places further down the A59.

3  Thank redsusie