All reviews hampton loade the river play area steam litter meal kettle pint chips
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Stay this weekend what can I say DISGUSTING first of all was sitting eating my evening meal when two cats come walking past I got talking to the manager she said they are feral cats but they stay in the pub then one of cats tried getting up on my lap to eat my food one good thing about the food the breakfasts was really nice the young lady who was working couldn’t do enough for us where as on a evening you’ll probably get a grunt from the staff will not stop again unless I fancy sharing my food with the local stray cats

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank jenny123456smith
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Great hospitality great food steak and pie is a must huge portions lovely home cooked food friendly pub made to feel really welcome
Stayed in bed and breakfast very clean rooms great shower top location next to river steam trains running right behind pub great break can't wait to go back there highly recommend five star

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2017

Camped at this site for a canoe weekend. Showers had lukewarm water and the toilets were less than adequate, dirty and no toilet roll. The site was scruffy and needed tidying up.
Ordered a breakfast, the eggs were not cooked through and the sausages were not cooked.
The staff were rude and the service was very poor.
It's a shame the Unicorn is like this, if the management and staff cleaned up the place it would be a great venue for camping. We left after one night.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank Mair M
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Stayed 2 nights. End September / Early October
Campsite had Dirty crammed showers with tepid hot water.
Campsite had Two of the 3 male WC pans overflowing with Excrement. No WC rolls. Reported it to Bar staff 10.00am I was told "we know about it cleaner is on her way" by 4.00pm NOTHING had been done. Still No toilet rolls.
Campsite WC's spent WC toilet roll centres everywhere and beer bottle there at 10.00am and still there at 4.00pm.
WC block including WC cubicles had minimum coat hangers and no shelving for wash kits.
Outside the WC block surround stank of Excrement. Obviously the septic tank or similar needed emptying.
The campsite was damp, muddy and tatty.
Unicorn Pub - Reasonable food - 1 Beer was not drinkable and the other two only just bearable. We took a Taxi the Bridgeport.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Neill22
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights over the bank holiday. It was an ideal location right next to the Severn Valley Railway.
We will never be staying there again. When we got there there was someone on our pitch who I later found out was only there because he was told his pitch was double booked. There doesn't seem to be any organisation and the campsite is just run as an afterthought.
The toilets and showers were awful, permanently dirty, smelly and never with any toilet roll. In fact the men's we're so bad my son and husband couldn't even use the showers!
There seems to be an issue with them being cleaned regularly but also the type of people they attract also seem to be a problem. Leaving used toilet roll all over the floor, poo left on and around toilets on more then one occasion.
The whole site smelt like a sewerage works, which got worse as the time went on.
The other problem we had was noise from the other campers. Now we all like a drink and to enjoy ourselves but to still be playing music, shouting and signing along to guitars until 4am is a bit much.
I think the site would benefit from new cleaning staff and a few rules and regulations so that all guests can enjoy their break.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family