All reviews golf course golf links stunning views first class high tea lovely hotel four poster bed east lothian bass rock ground floor st andrews overlooking the sea short break fish and chips stayed one night high standard tea and coffee
Reviewed 1 January 2018

This is a wee gem of a hotel and we would thoroughly recommend it.. We were there as part of the Hogmanay package which included an excellent dinner, ceilidh/disco entertainment, overnight B and B, and good company from all the other guests. It was a family oriented evening, where all ages and types felt welcome. All staff were friendly, professional and attentive. The views from many of the public rooms, and our bedroom, were excellent.

Room Tip: Room 16 has beautiful views, great facilities, and is on the ground floor near reception. It was very quiet, despite it being Hogmanay!
Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
ProprietorOldManor, Owner at Old Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

Dear Morag, thank you for your lovely comments, I'm delighted you enjoyed Hogmanay with us... it certainly was a great time! We look forward to welcoming you back at some stage, and in the meantime we all wish you good health and happiness for this year. Kind regards, Alistair Saddler.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Went to Old manor hotel for a lunch with family after a previous meal there was excellent.On arrival and being seated it took 10 minutes and a request to a waitress to view a menu.The menu given was the Christmas special.When my wife booked the meal,she requested the normal menu which the hotel said would be fine.The starters ordered were of good quality but I received the wrong one and waited on a replacement.The staff were slow in clearing tables and no backup or requests for further refreshments.In total we arrived at 1pm and 2hours later we still did not have dessert which we finally had to decline due to other comittments.The final bill was in correct which one of our guests had to go and rectify.
The quality of food was good but service was very poor considering the restaurant was not busy.
Won't be back

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Plum D

Dear Plum D, thank you for your feedback following lunch with us recently.
I'm very disappointed to read your comments regarding your experience, which is certainly not up to the usual high standards we set, and I apologise accordingly.
I do hope you will consider a return visit at some stage so we may redeem your opinion of us. All the best, Alistair Saddler.

Reviewed 13 December 2017

I took my family to this Hotel for my wife’s Birthday lunch, I am very pleased I did as we were met by courteous waiters and waitresses.
We had the 3 course lunch menu which was excellent. I had the steak&ale pie which I would definitely recommend although all the meals served were first class.
This is a hotel that my wife and I will be coming back too without a doubt.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Gordon S

Hello Gordon, thank you for your lovely comments, I'm delighted you had an enjoyable visit to the Old Manor on the occasion of your wife's birthday. We look to seeing you again at some stage in the future. Kind regards, Alistair Saddler.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

Beautiful hotel just set back off the main road leading from Leven to St Andrews and the East Neuk of Fife. It occupies a superb setting; our room, which was effectively a suite, offered a seating area with superb views out over the golf course and the Firth of Forth. It was an absolute pleasure to sit there in the late afternoon as daylight faded and the lights came on on the opposite shoreline.The room itself was lovely and spacious, clean and very comfortable. The restaurant which served wonderful dinners enjoys the same fantastic views. The hotel understandably is popular with golfers with its proximity not only to the local course but also other courses in Fife. It is also wonderful to anyone who enjoys running such as myself; its an easy descent through the garden, over the links and onto a massive sandy beach where you can run for miles with little else for company other than seabirds and the beautiful scenery.The perfect base for people wishing to explore this corner of Fife, St Andrews and the string of picturesque fishing harbour villages along the coast.

Room Tip: Our room with a sea view was superb
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris L
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Really nice clean hotel with a lovely menu with well cooked food. The staff were all exceptionally friendly and helpful. If you can book a room with a balcony. Be aware though that there is no lift to the upper floor. We had lovely weather although cold, but were able to sit out in the afternoon and watch the golfers and enjoy the lovely views across the Forth. The hotel is really easy to locate and within 30 mins of St Andrew’s, Anstruther and Craig. We would definitely go back

Room Tip: Book a balcony room
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple