The Plaza Suites(Humacao)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
1,344 results
All reviewsall inclusive packagepool bardavid's cookiespuerto ricoamalgama restaurantgolf carthorseback ridingself parkingrental carcasinoluisiguanasprtennishoneymoon
Reviewed 16 February 2017

The stay was Good but not Exceptional, Got there early to enjoy the Pool, we had a Certificate we bought on line which was for 2 adults & 2 children max with 2 beds, since we are just 2 adults we wanted a King bed instead, we asked early to assure the same, so they charged us $50.00 Extra for supposedly early check-in, this has never happened to me at any hotel chain and I am one that always likes to be early and do a lot of travelling and we didn't use the room until after 5pm anyway after being at the pool. The room was ok but not quality, the sliding door to the balcony was very hard to open, the locking mechanism didn't work unless you are Superman. It was 2nd floor so that didn't worry us much. The bathroom was very worn, toilet seat was peeling paint, broken tiles, rotting and splintered wood. Definitely not first rate, what I expect to find at motel 6. The food was good. Breakfast buffet didn't have to much variety. Even though we were prepaid with the certificate and they had already charged my card for the extra $50.00 room fee which after they tacked on hotel fees and taxes to that amount, they made a charge to my card for $174.00 the night before we checked out, I called the front desk and they told me it was the room fee I owed. I told them it was already pre-paid and they never called me back to let me know they straightened out the error.
I had to o in the morning and ask about it again, they told me they were sorry and someone had been confused. The pool bar and restaurant was nice and great workers, although Friday there were 2 when there was hardly any guests around and then Saturday when the place was packed only 1 person working very hard. I commend her. The Jacuzzi was supposedly for adults or people over 16, but even though there was security around on Saturday the little children used it as a kiddy pool and was not for any relaxing. The one good thing was that at least the water was hot this time, on our last visit it was cold and even tough we reported numerous times to different workers no one seemed to know or care who could fix it or whatever. I like the hotel because it's secluded and I like Plamas del Mar, but the maintenance needs work. They also need a little more attention to details.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2017

Hotel is clean, employees are very kind and Good place to have a good time in family. Very accessible to restaurants, store and mall.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Yariann A, Manager at Wyndham Garden at Palmas del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2017

Thank you for your comments, we are glad to know you enjoyed your stay.

Yariann Adorno
E-Commerce Manager

Reviewed 14 February 2017

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Our first impression was first class resort unfortunately it went downhill from there.The airconditioner was stuck at 60 degrees and would not shut down even manually turning it off.The shower would go from cold to scalding hot for no reason at all.Dont know if a regulator of somesort was malfunctioning. We called for a wake-up call at 7am that we never recieved. The property was beautiful with a great beach.The casino was also nice.We did enjoy a great meal at the restaurant. If the ac and water temperature problems were corrected i would give a 5.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

Please accept our apologies regarding the a/c and water temperature. We have shared this issue with our team and are currently working to fix it. However, we are happy to know you liked our property and surroundings.

Yariann Adorno
E-Commerce Manager

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Just returned from my second stay at the Wyndham Garden and probably my last. Last year, the stay was delightful with basic but comfortable accommodations, a short walk to a gorgeous beach and a lively and inexpensive happy hour at the pool and lobby bars. What a difference a year makes! My husband said the hotel looked and felt like it was under "receivership." The rooms were the same but with lackluster amenities, one small tiny sliver of soap, and 2 towels per room, very dim lighting in the rooms and dangerously unpredictable shower temperature... ranging from freezing cold to scalding in seconds.

The staff at the hotel ranged from unfriendly to unaware. At times it seemed like they went out of their way to ignore the guests. Drink prices drastically increased from the year before and were small and prepared with low end booze.

But perhaps the worst part of the entire hotel was the lack of beach towels and chairs for the guests. We could not believe that a hotel could run out of beach towels and also not provide chairs for the beach... which is the whole reason anyone goes there.

Room Tip: if you don't mind climbing three flights of stairs and over looking a roof top... room 227 is very nice.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple