“not a good value”

Mares The Ritz-Carlton
Ranked #18 of 201 Restaurants in Carolina
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: All day dining with outdoor seating available.
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

This is a breakfast place inside Ritz carton.
Unfortunately it has Ritz prices but nowhere close to the quality and service of a Ritz.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

Very unusual for me to find a restaurant at the Ritz Carlton not in pristine condition. The server had us sit at a table outside that was full of hardened bird feces both on the chairs and the table. She did not even offer to clean it and it was pretty evident. We had to ask her to have the chairs and table cleaned before sitting. This is not what I have ever experienced at Ritz Carlton so I am sure they will get it addressed. The outdoors seating area was not well kept overall. I have stayed in this property before and plan to return since it is a great facility but I would like to see that improved if I am ever eating out there again.
The inside part of the restaurant was fine and the food, of course, was very good.

Jackie V, General Manager at Mares The Ritz-Carlton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Dear "NinaW2000",

I am very sorry that your restaurant experience was not what you came to expect. I already addressed your concerns with the Mares team to ensure the terrace of the restaurant is in pristine conditions.

Thank you for your positive comment about the breakfast food.
We look forward to welcome you back to the Enchanted Island of Rhythms and Flavors.

Warm regards,
Jackie Volkart

Reviewed 16 June 2017

Excellent breakfast buffet, both on weekends and weekdays, with some authentic Puerto Rican dishes. We did not go for lunch, since we were content with the Ocean Bar & Lounge, which was superb, both for the food and drinks. But the restaurant did not appear to be open for dinner, and the only options left are the Lobby Lounge, BLT Steak, and Il Mulino New York. The latter two are superb, but you will pay top dollar.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

We had a great, relaxing Sunday brunch here. $39/person for unlimited mimosas, bloody mary, & food items. Our waiter Dixon was so sweet & great.

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

This was our first time as a guest here. The Hotel was fabulous, the staff friendly & helpful.
The rooms were clean, nicely decorated and comfy.
Going down to the beach you are met by the Cabana Guys who are the sweet & friendly. They immediately get your chairs & umbrellas and make sure you are comfortable. They have a nice restaurant down by the pool & beach and also have drink service at the beach. The accommodations overall are perfect.

They have a wonderful Steak house and Italian restaurant inside that are both delicious. If you want a breakfast fit for a King or Queen you must have their buffet breakfast. I have never experienced a breakfast like this one, their is nothing they do not offer on this buffet. Every fruit, cereal, cheese, meat, pastry, bread and then some. They have a chef preparing fresh eggs of your choice, including sides. You can have fresh orange juice, mimosas and my favorite..Cappuccino. You won't want to miss this!!!

What's also great is the location of this Hotel it's not far from Old San Juan or the airport, so you can get around easily and quickly.

We will be going back in June 2017 we cannot wait.

If your looking to visit PR this is a wonderful place, I highly recommend it!