“A can't miss”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 June 2016 via mobile

My girlfriend found this on Yelp (I was driving and couldn't get on trip advisor hahaha)
It is just off a highway entrance so if you miss it be prepared to make a huge loop to get back to it so PAY attention to your gps.

I had pernil asado and it is moist, spiced just right with a little bit of that crispy skin (chicharron) with rice and beans (I'm Puerto Rican and on a homecoming I'm gonna get this every chance I get!!!) my girlfriend got a chuleta (fried pork chop) with amarillos (sweet fried plantains not tostones...those aren't sweet) both were well spiced delicious and brought out nice and hot and in a timely manner.

We also had bacalaitos which were good and a good size for an appetizer 6 for 3 people and they were on the small side.

This is the first time I find a restaurant where the waiter didn't speak English (refreshing for me) i can't say all of them don't but I don't know.

I would come back here in a heartbeat

Oh and if you sit outside...the seats to your table are rocking chairs

Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

Excellent restaurant! Great prices $$, service is very good and the food is excellent! Very cultural and local place. Very nice place.

Reviewed 12 May 2016

This is the second time I have picked up a group of friends from the airport who are starving after flying most of the day, and just want to get to a restaurant for authentic Puerto Rican food before getting back to the house and unpacking. El Platanal is a great location for us to lead our guests, and the food and service does not disappoint! Both groups were on their first visit to the island, but were open to trying the specialties like mofongo, pernil, chuletas can can, etc. The food is just consistently tasty authentic Puerto Rican and is at the top of our list for entertaining new visitors to the island.

Reviewed 11 May 2016 via mobile

Good place. The service and the food is very good. I liked the Sangria. Good prices all day. I recommend it.

Reviewed 17 April 2016

In a family atmosphere you can taste local Puertorrican food is not an expensive restaurant . The place is very well decorated is always full of locals and their families eating and having fun, it is a family place with good food.