“Tacos ”

nachos burros taco Rico
Ranked #75 of 199 Restaurants in Carolina
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

Small place but the food was great! I ordered the chicken tacos and nachos and they were delicious. The service was great!

Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

Very small place maybe 5 stools and no air conditioning but the food was good. We really enjoyed the appetizer of fries topped with meat, sour cream and very fresh guacamole. I had the wet burrito which was ok but I regret my choice of shrimp. It was just ok. Shrimp was tiny and was not very tasty. Hubby had the tropical burrito which was very different. My son had a meat burrito which he enjoyed very much. It was $ 44.00 which included 3 sodas. The owners were very nice and service was fast.

1  Thank joryanbob4
Reviewed 25 January 2016

Taco Rico doesn't look like much from the outside but we read some good reviews so we decided to try it. What a pleasant surprise from the minute we walked in! The thick Mexican tiles on the floor, the carved chairs & tiled tables gave the restaurant a warm ambiance. We were greeted by Julio, the owner, who was so friendly and proud of his restaurant. His daughter was our waitress, also very friendly and attentive to us. I had the Burrito Tropicale - it was very different than anything dish I'd had at other Mexican restaurants- a great blend of sweetness and mildly spicy. My husband had a wet burrito, which he thought was the best he'd ever had! The prices were so reasonable and we liked it so much that we went back a second time. This time we had nachos, which, again, we unlike any we'd had at other restaurants. The chips were thin and light and they were covered with just the right amount of salsa, pork, cheese and guacamole. My husband again had the wet burrito and I tried the Burrito Monte Cristo - delicious!!!!! We had the Nutella flan for dessert, which was out of this world!!!! We spoke to Julio again for quite a while. He is Puerto Rico so I suppose the food might be called Puerto Rican Mexican fusion. Whatever you would call it, it is a place not to be missed if you are in the Rio Grande area of Puerto Rico!!!!!!

1  Thank VFRowe
Reviewed 12 December 2015

My husband and I were staying in Isla Verde at the Embassy suites and happened upon Nachos Burros Taco Rico by happenstance in the wee hours of the morning (about 2am) Its a small shop on isla Verde near the Walgreens and you would alsmost miss it when walking by. I think they open around 9:30PM and are open till about 4am. I am not sure the exact hours but the food! The food is exellent. I ordered a vegetarian burrito and it had the freshest ingredients and the flour tortilla was lightly seasoned and grilled to perfection. My husband ordered the HUGE double steak burrito and devoured it. He has eaten there three times already and we have even stopped by twice more but he wasn't open.

People, with an area that has so many fast food joints (not sure why so many) why eat at Taco-Bell when you can walk a few blocks to Taco Rico? You won't regret it if you appreciate small taco-stands/joints that stick to authentic tastes and a low-key dining experience. We leave tomorrow and I have a feeling we will be stoping by Taco Rico one more time before our flight :-)

2  Thank travelgirljk
Reviewed 10 December 2015

A delicious double burrito with pork and steak, along with a drink, for $10. Definitely a welcome alternative to the fast food that is all too common in Isla Verde.