“A Great Evening!!”

Xaltemba Restaurant & Galeria
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 April 2017

My husband and I enjoyed our anniversary in this quaint restaurant. Our meal was delicious. The staff was cheerful. The entertainment was a nice touch!!

Reviewed 14 March 2017

As we wandered around La Penita we discovered this pretty little restaurant tucked away. It's clean, staff is wonderful and the musicians that showed up to entertain were excellent.
I was craving eggs benny and their rendition was perfect for my palate

Reviewed 12 March 2017

We were a party of 5. 3 decided to have the special which was an Arrechera kabob. Two were quite good but one was a little overdone. My wife and I were lucky enough to get the last two Dorado. As we are not huge Mango fans they offered to replace the Mango and walnut topping with a garlic spiced flavour. It was freaking awesome. One of best meals we have had in La Penita. The starter salad was quite acceptable as was the bread with the oil and balsamic vinegar dip. It was a Friday night so there was a gentleman playing the Spanish guitar and singing - but in a very low keyed, gentle way that added a lot to the ambiance. My only complaint would be that we were verbally offered the choice of wines but no price list was offered. The recommended choice was fine but cost 380 pesos per bottle - easily 100 pesos more than we have ever paid in La Penita and double most other places. Our fault for sure but a wine list might have helped us. BUT - all in all - a very good experience. One that I would recommend without hesitation.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

If you are at market in La Penita de Jaltemba, Thursdays, this excellent restaurant has special hours until 2pm for hungry shoppers.
We stopped in to try yet another restaurant's servings and service. We were seated on the patio, which was nicely protected by a cloth canopy for sun control.
Since breakfast was still an option, we took advantage. Eggs Benedict? Okay, you got me. My spouse tried the Huevos Rancheros.
We were very pleased with the taste, presentation, and portion. All was great. Will have to try for dinner.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

This was a wonderful place to spend a relaxing evening. The food was very good, live music and the wait staff that present but not overbearing. Never felt rushed!