I stayed here for 2 nights for work, up on the fifth floor. The room was very comfortable and new, air conditioning leaves the air quite dry so drink some water before bed. I normally like hard mattresses, but the bed I slept on was supportive even though it seemed soft, made for a good nights sleep.
I tried out the gym a couple of times, it's pretty good for such a small space. After a day of sitting still in meetings, I went for a walk on one of the treadmills and discovered the treadmill has Solitaire included (along with TV and music channels), great for when I needed to move but zone out at the same time. The only downside was other guests, who were wearing headphones, dropping their weights- which can be painful to listen to if I am not wearing headphones too because it's a small space filled with hard surfaces. Perhaps the hotel could add another line about this to the signs on the wall about considerate use of the gym?
The housekeeping staff must have missed this, but I found a note for the previous occupant thanking them for their second stay. It came with a 2 for 1 drinks deal at the bar downstairs, so thanks "Andrew" for not using the voucher, my workmates enjoyed a free glass of wine thanks to you! All of us found the 10% off the restaurant bill vouchers in our rooms, but only I had the drinks voucher, those must not be easily available.
The majority of our group arrived directly from the airport in a rental car on Sunday night. We ended up eating at the restaurant downstairs because people were too hungry to wait for a table elsewhere. Everyone else enjoyed their meat, but my tip is not to order the lamb. Maybe I was paying the penalty for not knowing how well done to do the lamb because I never eat pan fried lamb at home, I found the cut more well done than medium, particularly at one end and consequently a bit chewy. Having said that, the truffles fries and spring vegetables were great. Mains were $26-$45pp and if it was a cut of meat then one has to order sides separately, as what comes out is literally a slab of meat on a serving board with nothing else.
Tip- hotel has underground parking, but it was a tight squeeze with the Hyundai people mover my boss rented to drive around in. The van aerial on the roof was hitting some low-hanging pipes, if you have a big/high vehicle check with reception that it will fit in the car park.
Tip- this hotel is easily accessible to a large number of Asian based restaurants. The one we enjoyed was a Sri Lankan place 2mins walk around the corner, but that place is bookings essential for a group of 5. There's Thai and Chinese as well or a food court thing out the other door, plenty of options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel Melbourne Glen Waverley is ideally located in the centre of the City of Monas.The 200 room hotel is adjacent to a cinema complex and surrounded by over 35 restaurants and cafes, including Centro The Glen Shopping Centre, while a 2 minute walk to the Railway Station gives direct access to the city centre, Melbourne Cricket Ground and Etihad Stadium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, ACCOR, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Glen Waverley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Glen Waverley Hotel Glen Waverley
- Novotel Melbourne
- Accor Glen Waverley
- Glen Waverley Novotel
- Novotel Glen Waverley Greater Melbourne