“Comfy beds, lots of restaurants nearby”

Novotel Glen Waverley
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Glen Waverley
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights for work, up on the fifth floor. The room was very comfortable and new, air conditioning leaves the air quite dry so drink some water before bed. I normally like hard mattresses, but the bed I slept on was supportive even though it seemed soft, made for a good nights sleep.

I tried out the gym a couple of times, it's pretty good for such a small space. After a day of sitting still in meetings, I went for a walk on one of the treadmills and discovered the treadmill has Solitaire included (along with TV and music channels), great for when I needed to move but zone out at the same time. The only downside was other guests, who were wearing headphones, dropping their weights- which can be painful to listen to if I am not wearing headphones too because it's a small space filled with hard surfaces. Perhaps the hotel could add another line about this to the signs on the wall about considerate use of the gym?

The housekeeping staff must have missed this, but I found a note for the previous occupant thanking them for their second stay. It came with a 2 for 1 drinks deal at the bar downstairs, so thanks "Andrew" for not using the voucher, my workmates enjoyed a free glass of wine thanks to you! All of us found the 10% off the restaurant bill vouchers in our rooms, but only I had the drinks voucher, those must not be easily available.

The majority of our group arrived directly from the airport in a rental car on Sunday night. We ended up eating at the restaurant downstairs because people were too hungry to wait for a table elsewhere. Everyone else enjoyed their meat, but my tip is not to order the lamb. Maybe I was paying the penalty for not knowing how well done to do the lamb because I never eat pan fried lamb at home, I found the cut more well done than medium, particularly at one end and consequently a bit chewy. Having said that, the truffles fries and spring vegetables were great. Mains were $26-$45pp and if it was a cut of meat then one has to order sides separately, as what comes out is literally a slab of meat on a serving board with nothing else.

Tip- hotel has underground parking, but it was a tight squeeze with the Hyundai people mover my boss rented to drive around in. The van aerial on the roof was hitting some low-hanging pipes, if you have a big/high vehicle check with reception that it will fit in the car park.

Tip- this hotel is easily accessible to a large number of Asian based restaurants. The one we enjoyed was a Sri Lankan place 2mins walk around the corner, but that place is bookings essential for a group of 5. There's Thai and Chinese as well or a food court thing out the other door, plenty of options.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Andrew M, General Manager at Novotel Glen Waverley, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear Invis_lady
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay. I am so pleased that you were able to enjoy the facilities within the hotel like the gym and restaurant.
We had our gym upgraded last year, so fantastic to hear that you liked the new equipment - certainly makes for a less boring work out!
Thank you also for the feedback on the restaurant, I will pass this feedback onto our Executive Chef to address with his team.
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you again here in the future.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

As usual the staff were accommodating and welcoming. The restaurant was clean and the meal was delicious and the room was clean and well cared for making it a pleasure to stay. I will be back again next year

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Maggik48
Thank you for you review, I am so pleased that you found our team welcoming and accommodating. We can't wait to have you stay with us again next year!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Love, love, love this hotel, always a pleasure to stay there. The staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble, you feel very welcomed. rooms are spacious and comfortable. hotel is in a complex that includes restaurants, cinema, bowling and pub, large shopping center is next door.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Ken M, General Manager at Novotel Glen Waverley, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear Anne S,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

It's so nice to receive feedback with such positive comments, I am certain that the team will be highly encouraged.

We appreciate your patronage and look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 6 September 2017

superb location, neat and clean rooms, great breakfast. I often use Novotel but this was my first time at Novotel glen waverly. I could not have my breakfast as I had to go to work and I was rushing but my wife enjoyed it

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shane484
Ken M, General Manager at Novotel Glen Waverley, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear Shane,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback.

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your time at Novotel.
Your scores will serve as encouragement for the entire team moving forward.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

I was recently employed as a Carer for a guest staying at the hotel and was blown away by the level of service from all staff at the hotel, they went out of their way to be accommodating with the special needs of our client ...
I would like to make special mention of the Manager Pippa who was very kind, compassionate and understanding, going out of her way to help us find a solution to a little challenge which had arisen, she truly is a great ambassador for Novatel.
Thank you again for all your assistance!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Andrew M, General Manager at Novotel Glen Waverley, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Dear Debbie W

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such incredible feedback, I really appreciate the time taken.
We are lucky to have such a great team - I am so pleased Pippa looked after you and your client so well. Great to hear!

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Waverley
21.6 km away
Yarra Valley Lodge
Yarra Valley Lodge
#1 of 1 in Chirnside Park

Been to Novotel Glen Waverley? Share your experiences!